Is there a way to credit Virgin Atlantic miles to other carriers?

Subscribe
I am going to be flying Virgin Atlantic for the first time soon and I wanted to see if there was anyway I could get my miles into AA, DL, UA, or any carrier that's US based...
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but any help is appreciated.
There used to be a relationship with CO, but that ended upon the merger with United.

You can credit VS flights to Virgin America's Elevate, US Airways and also Hawaiian.
Quote: I am going to be flying Virgin Atlantic for the first time soon and I wanted to see if there was anyway I could get my miles into AA, DL, UA, or any carrier that's US based...
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but any help is appreciated.
All my Virgin trips are credited to US Air. All miles count for elite qualification on US Air (on qualifying fares of course)
Quote: All my Virgin trips are credited to US Air. All miles count for elite qualification on US Air (on qualifying fares of course)
This is a good idea if you want to spend your miles for travel on Star Alliance airlines, without fuel surcharges. It's not such a good if you want to use it on Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, as, per the US Airways Award Chart, ") Award redemption on Virgin Atlantic is only available in economy class." You probably already know this, but I'm providing it for the benefit of anyone else reading the thread.
Quote: This is a good idea if you want to spend your miles for travel on Star Alliance airlines, without fuel surcharges. It's not such a good if you want to use it on Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, as, per the US Airways Award Chart, ") Award redemption on Virgin Atlantic is only available in economy class." You probably already know this, but I'm providing it for the benefit of anyone else reading the thread.
I guess they have to impose this restriction otherwise everybody would credit to US and then redeem their US miles on Virgin Upper Class without paying the really high fuel surcharges.

Although the same logic applies to economy bookings and you can still book these.

Don't forget that you can credit Virgin flights to some other Star Alliance airlines such as ANA and they have mileage based redemptions so there can be some good opportunities to redeem on shorter inter-contintental flights.
Quote: I guess they have to impose this restriction otherwise everybody would credit to US and then redeem their US miles on Virgin Upper Class without paying the really high fuel surcharges.

Although the same logic applies to economy bookings and you can still book these.

Don't forget that you can credit Virgin flights to some other Star Alliance airlines such as ANA and they have mileage based redemptions so there can be some good opportunities to redeem on shorter inter-contintental flights.

To me it's about flexibility. I earn US miles on Virgin and Star Alliance carriers then I redeem for C or F on UA or LH