Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Subscribe
I am interested in staying at a Marriott/Rennaissance in Fort Lauderdale (but only for one night). I have narrowed it down to Marriott Harbour Beach ($149), Marriott Marina ($79) or the Rennaissance ($99 standard or $119 for a club room).

The Harbour Beach looks the nicest, but not sure that I can justify the difference in cost for one night (after a transatlantic flight and pre-cruise - so I wont get to make the most of it).

The Marriott Marina seems like a real bargain. Is it a nice hotel?

Can't seem to find much information about the Rennaissance at all (I assume, because it is new). Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,
Boo Boo
Harbor Beach is over-rated in my opinion, although others will disagree; the location is a bit of a pain, but it is right on the ocean. The Marina is satisfactory, although they irritated me recently when they started charging for parking. The Renaissance is brand-new, just opened in May; I know nothing about it, although I drove by the building just before the opening date.

Bruce
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boo Boo:

I am interested in staying at a Marriott/Rennaissance in Fort Lauderdale (but only for one night). I have narrowed it down to Marriott Harbour Beach ($149), Marriott Marina ($79) or the Rennaissance ($99 standard or $119 for a club room).

Harbour Beach is nice sitting right on the ocean. They recently renovated their rooms. Last time I was there they were working on a new spa and the pool area, and it was not available for use. Best to check first.

I would not recommend the Marina right now. Besides looking a little long in the tooth, traffic in the area is a nightmare. There's a new bridge being built right in front of the hotel - you look up at it from down below where the hotel is located. The dirt and noise are pretty bad as well.

The Rennaissance is brand new - it just opened this month. I've only been in the lobby, so I can't comment on the rooms. It's in the same general area as the Marina near the convention center, but is before the bridge approach so traffic is quite as bad.

Service at the two Marriott's has always been OK.
The Renaissance was supposed to open on May 7 (when I was in Ft. Lauderdale on May 5-6). It did not open then because the building wasn't ready. It finally opened early in June.

I have a reservation there in August, using a 2-for-1 EEO certificate. I'll post my experience. One good fact: The Concierge Lounge is open on weekends, according to the front desk. Marriott Marina doesn't even have a Concierge Lounge.

Bruce
The Renaissance Fort Lauderdale is brand new and has been open for 2 weeks.It has a club floor open 7 days a week and has the same sad parking fee of the other Marriott.Will report my experience next week

------------------
AA & Starwood Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 06-30-2001).]
Renaissance daily parking fee is $8 self-park, $10 valet. Marina daily parking fee was $5 self-park when I abandoned them a year or so ago. I don't remember the valet fee. And both may have changed by now.

This is just a way to get a few additional dollars from us. No other justification.

Bruce
"The parking is a seperate company from hotel"!
"we have no control over what they charge"!

Some of the things I have been told about the excessive parking fees. Do you think for one minute the hotel sold the parking structures and spaces? I don't, but it just might be ANOTHER company belonging to the hotel or marriott, alright.
Well, they had enough control at the Marina to waive the fee for me when I complained about it. Parking there had been free for years, then they added a fee "because people not staying at the hotel were using our lot." Yeah, sure -- for what? The hotel isn't near the beach, and all nearby businesses have their own parking facilities.

Bruce
Try Marriott Beach Place Towers...if it's just for one night ask for a 'studio' rental. You might get it pretty reasonable, parking included, and facing the beach or intracoastal. It's on AIA just north of Las Olas...great location.
For 1 night it proably doesn't matter.

The Ren is closest to the Airport (by a small distance) but it has no other benefits of its location. The Marina is on the intercoastal but as has been stated, there's a big bridge being constructed outside!

I just stayed 3 nights at the Harbour beach. Very nice. New spa which is great, refurb rooms and a great location! Good watersports activities on the beach!
Hotel nearest to cruise ship terminals in MIA?
I am planning a cruise for later this year and not wanting to risk airline delays and missing my cruise I will probably spend the night before at a hotel in MIA.

I would like to stay at a hotel where I can burn points for a free stay. Any suggestions for the Marriott hotel nearest to the MIA cruise ship terminals. Since I will be arriving late in the evening and departing early the next morning, I don't think I will be needing anything too hip or luxurious.

Thanks.
Do you have any travelodge points?
Have a look at either the Biscayne Bay Marriott or the new JW Marriott Miami. I have not stayed at the JW, but the Biscayne Bay is standard-issue Marriott, rather dated. The rooms are on the small side, too, but the location is good and views of the bay from the rooms are very nice.
West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale suggestions
Any thoughts on cheap (but clean and in safe locations) Marriott properties in W. Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale? I'd burn some points to stay at a resort, but I want to take advantage of the double nights promo... Specifically, any thoughts on the Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach or the Courtyard WPB Airport?
Try the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. Better location/facility.