Is it worth to try the BOOK THE COOK?

Subscribe
haven't tried that before and would like to see FT's comment on it. Much better than the options in the menu??
It really depends on what you like to eat in terms of food.

For the 2/3 times when I ordered Book the Cook, I ended up choosing something from the regular menu anyway.
Sorry to but in on OP's thread, I have a related question.

So if I Book the Cook, but then the plane menu is better what do I do? Tell them that I would rather have something off the menu? What are the chances that I would have to stick with my BTC option?
Quote: Sorry to but in on OP's thread, I have a related question.

So if I Book the Cook, but then the plane menu is better what do I do? Tell them that I would rather have something off the menu? What are the chances that I would have to stick with my BTC option?
You can change your mind and choose something from the menu.
CTB
Quote: Sorry to but in on OP's thread, I have a related question.

The regular menu usually is the better option than the CTB and the crew are always prepared to do light stuff of your CTB choice incase you refuse to take it
Regular menu seems to be always better
When I flew SQ 15 SIN-ICN-SFO, I ordered BTC.

On the SIN-ICN, I found something better on the regular menu and had that instead.

When there was a crew change in ICN, the crew left my BTC meal onboard (where everything else in terms of food from SIN got offloaded and possibly incinerated in ICN) along with a note to the next set of crew.

On the ICN-SFO leg, I was once again asked if I wanted to have my BTC meal. This time I also choose something off the regular menu as well.
Seems there is nothing to lose when BTC because you always have the regular menu as a backup. I like those odds!
Quote: Seems there is nothing to lose when BTC because you always have the regular menu as a backup. I like those odds!
You can choose from the regular menu after everyone else has made their choice.
Quote: Seems there is nothing to lose when BTC because you always have the regular menu as a backup. I like those odds!
Yes that does work quite well.

The problem arises on monopoly routes where SQ aggressively trims down food options and quality, such on ZRH-SIN where neither BTC nor good generic options are offered. But even an inferior competitor such as LH on FRA-SIN will help SQ bringing back decent offerings and choices.
Took the advice and BTC for my RTE trip with SFO-SIN-HKG-SIN-DME-IAH. U got the steak, braised ribs, bulgogi, and some singaporean meals. Looking forward to eating A LOT of food and drink Dom/Krug.
Obviously ex-SIN, order the Singaporean dishes. The steak isn't very good ex-SIN, FYI.
I BTC tonight for HND-SIN with the Lobster Thermidor so I'm interested in seeing how it turned out.
Please let us know how it taste. We ordered it for Sin-DPS
I BTC last week SIN CGK Lobster T........It was good....... better then what was being offered in F.
Quote: Please let us know how it taste. We ordered it for Sin-DPS
It was very good, fresh and tasty but I wasn't a fan of the sauce... ironically they also had lobster pasta so I opted for seconds .