UA Miles on US Airways codeshared RJ?

Subscribe
Is it possible to earn United miles on a US Airways ticketed codeshare for RJ? I called US Airways and they seem to be totally confused about even earning Dividend Miles.
As a very general principle, *A miles earning is based on the operating (metal) carrier, not codeshares. Assuming RJ is a member of *A, you need to take the US fare class and map it into a fare class for RJ marketed flights, then look for this fare class on the US earnings table for RJ flights on the US website.
That's where I get confused. RJ isn't part of *A - they're in Oneworld but have a separate agreement with US. The fare class I'm looking at qualifies according to the US website: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...jordanian.html Does the transitive property apply from UA to RJ through US?
Living in a OneWorld hub, I've not needed to understand the US/RJ relationship. Try searching or posting in the Dividend Miles forum.
My guess is no, unless there's a similar relationship with UA. A partner of a partner is not necessarily a partner.
I doubt you can get UA miles for this flight. A friend recently had a similar situation; she was unable to claim miles on US for an IAD-MAD flight with a UA flight number but operated by Aer Lingus. That flight is even marketed and ticketed by UA, but still not eligible for US mileage earning.

In your case it's a simple codeshare so I'd guess the same principle would hold.