Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Subscribe
TPG did a US DM vs AV LM blog post yesterday...@:-)
Quote: TPG did a US DM vs AV LM blog post yesterday...@:-)
little bit inaccurate. SQ J/F to Australia with US DM? not in this life.

And don´t forget the CC @ AV LM. They will drive you crazy
SQ J's definitely possible on the SIN-Aust leg. And thank god he didn't expose any tricks.
Quote: SQ J's definitely possible on the SIN-Aust leg. And thank god he didn't expose any tricks.
Indeed , plenty of availability on the 777-300 (non ER regional config) on SIN-MEL. It's an angled lie flat product.
Oceania should be reachable in J.
Is it possible to get an indiviual booking like with DM?
I dont mean getting Stopovers rather telling them what routing I want to take.
Quote: TPG did a US DM vs AV LM blog post yesterday...@:-)
Translation into English?
Quote: Translation into English?
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/12/eval...liance-awards/
Quote: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/12/eval...liance-awards/
Thanks.
Quote: little bit inaccurate. SQ J/F to Australia with US DM? not in this life.

And don´t forget the CC @ AV LM. They will drive you crazy
Better than having to feed airport codes and airlines to an US agent.
I don't agree..

With USDM (IME - so far) a relatively simple (if sometimes lengthy) call gets one the preferred routing (given availability of course)

Playing with the AV/LM redemption possibilities so far has been a bit depressing... It seems one either puts in origin and destination (in my case LAX-SYD) and gets (IME) ONE choice.. (OZ via ICN in that case).... OR one uses the multi city function and pays a LOT more..

Or am I missing something (that's always possible!)
Can I book award thicket for my friend ?
Is there any restrictions?
Quote: Playing with the AV/LM redemption possibilities so far has been a bit depressing... It seems one either puts in origin and destination (in my case LAX-SYD) and gets (IME) ONE choice.. (OZ via ICN in that case).... OR one uses the multi city function and pays a LOT more..
Yes the online booking tool is a nuisance but you can get good resultsby choosing either the departure time or the airline. So if you want LAX-SYD on UA, you can specify UA and it will search a week around your date including indirect routings on UA, eg via SFO. Or, if you want a mixture of airlines for say SYD-LHR, when you specify a departure time from SYD you sometimes get a different list of options.
Quote: Yes the online booking tool is a nuisance but you can get good resultsby choosing either the departure time or the airline. So if you want LAX-SYD on UA, you can specify UA and it will search a week around your date including indirect routings on UA, eg via SFO. Or, if you want a mixture of airlines for say SYD-LHR, when you specify a departure time from SYD you sometimes get a different list of options.
Thanks. Good to know.
Quote: Can I book award thicket for my friend ?
Is there any restrictions?
You can book an award ticket for anyone you like. If you do that often then I assume there's a chance (slim) that LM might audit you.