Budget underage surcharge

Subscribe
Hey guys.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any tropic relating to this subject. Sorry if it already have been asked and answer, I couldn't see it.

We are a group of 4 persons that plan to rent a vehicle at Dallas Airport and delivert it in San Francisco this summer. Three of us are under 25, the last one is over 30 years old.

If he rents the car (30yr) and we all would like to drive, of course not at the same time... do we have to pay the underage surcharge for each person all the time or do we have to pay it only once per day for one person? It's not like the car can be driven by more than one of us at a time.

1. 27$(surcharge)*3(persons)*17(days)
2. 27$(surcharge)*1*17(days)
Quote: Hey guys.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any tropic relating to this subject. Sorry if it already have been asked and answer, I couldn't see it.

We are a group of 4 persons that plan to rent a vehicle at Dallas Airport and delivert it in San Francisco this summer. Three of us are under 25, the last one is over 30 years old.

If he rents the car (30yr) and we all would like to drive, of course not at the same time... do we have to pay the underage surcharge for each person all the time or do we have to pay it only once per day for one person? It's not like the car can be driven by more than one of us at a time.

1. 27$(surcharge)*3(persons)*17(days)
2. 27$(surcharge)*1*17(days)
The former. If the surcharge is still $27, that will amount to $1,377. Doesn't matter who rents, matters who drives. Don't fudge this, if a non-authorized driver is behind the wheel and there's an accident, any kind of insurance from Budget, the CC used or other private policy will deny coverage and the renter & driver will be left holding the bag.