Reccomondations for solo 2 days in Kuala Lumpur?

Subscribe
I will be in Kuala Lumpur for just 2 days. Ive been looking at attractions but im finding it hard to decide what is worth doing and if its close to where im staying. Im at the Corus hotel next to the petronas twin towers.

Il be alone so id appreciate any info on where to go and where to eat!

Thanks
You can always try the hop on/hop off bus there. It takes you to most of the major points, and there is a stop right outside of the Petronas Towers. I would actually go up to the KL Tower over the Petronas Towers since you get a great view of the latter. China Town is very cheap there and is a good size. The bird park was interesting.

There are plenty of places to eat good food. If you're not feeling adventurous, the Pavilion has over 70 places to eat from Din Tai Fung to countless other cuisines from West to East and everything in between. You can easily get to the Pavilion by walking underground in the AC. If you prefer street food, Bukit Bintang is vibrant with a ton of offerings. It's great to visit at night. Plus, my wife said she got the best Thai massage(better than Thailand itself) in all of our SE Asia travels. I believe it was around $20 USD for 1 hour.
Agree on the hop on/hop off bus, it's convenient and cheap. For local food, go to Jalan Alor, every local people know where is it, it's in Bukit Bintang area, just ask around, and you won't regret going there. Paviilion restaurants serve nice food but it's kinda expensive, for me at least=)

Regards=)

Quote: You can always try the hop on/hop off bus there. It takes you to most of the major points, and there is a stop right outside of the Petronas Towers. I would actually go up to the KL Tower over the Petronas Towers since you get a great view of the latter. China Town is very cheap there and is a good size. The bird park was interesting.

There are plenty of places to eat good food. If you're not feeling adventurous, the Pavilion has over 70 places to eat from Din Tai Fung to countless other cuisines from West to East and everything in between. You can easily get to the Pavilion by walking underground in the AC. If you prefer street food, Bukit Bintang is vibrant with a ton of offerings. It's great to visit at night. Plus, my wife said she got the best Thai massage(better than Thailand itself) in all of our SE Asia travels. I believe it was around $20 USD for 1 hour.
Thanks for the guidence for food. Id like to eat cheap so il head over to the where the locals eat.

How much is the hop on/off bus tour?
I'm Malaysian, and I just love Jalan Alor food. Go at night though, I'm not sure whether it opens during the daytime, and it would be hot to eat under the hot sun.

The hop on/off bus tour cost you MYR 38 for 24 hours. Well, it's kinda expensive I think. You can actually explore yourself by using the LRT stations. Ask your hotel on which station you should get off for different tourist spot=)

Regards=)

Quote: Thanks for the guidence for food. Id like to eat cheap so il head over to the where the locals eat.

How much is the hop on/off bus tour?
Hmmmm, sounds interesting. Thanks for the infos
Unfortunately my psychic abilities don't seem to work over the internet... perhaps you can at least give us some pointers as to what sort of activities you like so we don't send you off visiting temples / traipsing round shopping centres / whizzing through museums / checking out the wildlife (both daytime and/or nighttime) etc when you actually want to be doing something else!

As for cheap food options near your hotel, there's the food court in the KLCC mall as well as mid-range restaurants on one of the higher floors (Madame Kwan's; Little Penang Cafe).
Quote: Unfortunately my psychic abilities don't seem to work over the internet... perhaps you can at least give us some pointers as to what sort of activities you like so we don't send you off visiting temples / traipsing round shopping centres / whizzing through museums / checking out the wildlife (both daytime and/or nighttime) etc when you actually want to be doing something else!

As for cheap food options near your hotel, there's the food court in the KLCC mall as well as mid-range restaurants on one of the higher floors (Madame Kwan's; Little Penang Cafe).
Sure, I think Id like to see main attractions like temples,museums, parks and buildings as my top priority. Any further suggestions?
There's an old but generally accurate NYT article at http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/20...l/20hours.html

I would personally suggest the small but well-curated Islamic Arts Museum, the slightly out-of-the-way Thean Hou temple, a hot and sticky trip to Batu Caves, and a visit to the KL Bird Park.

If you've never been to the site before, have a look at KL/Klang Valley section of http://eatingasia.typepad.com/ - there are some real local nuggets there.

It's a fascinating metropolis - an ideal halfway house that combines the trendy tropical cosmopolitanism of Singapore with the exciting rough-round-the-edges urban vibe of Bangkok. The biggest issue in KL/Klang Valley is transport!
Quote: There's an old but generally accurate NYT article at http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/20...l/20hours.html

I would personally suggest the small but well-curated Islamic Arts Museum, the slightly out-of-the-way Thean Hou temple, a hot and sticky trip to Batu Caves, and a visit to the KL Bird Park.

If you've never been to the site before, have a look at KL/Klang Valley section of http://eatingasia.typepad.com/ - there are some real local nuggets there.

It's a fascinating metropolis - an ideal halfway house that combines the trendy tropical cosmopolitanism of Singapore with the exciting rough-round-the-edges urban vibe of Bangkok. The biggest issue in KL/Klang Valley is transport!
Thanks for your suggestions! I am definetly going to look into these!