Y or C Class Award Tix Summer 2012 (KIX-BKK)

Subscribe
I have a trip planned to visit Japan and Bangkok this summer with my brother (as a gift for his college graduation). I have all flights except for one segment (KIX/NRT-BKK) all set-up. I've been waiting for months for Y or C class award ticket availability to show up but nothing thus far. I'm looking at travel on 14 August. Anyone have insight into whether award seats might open up or deeply discounted tix become available? I know the trip is planned right during the middle of Obon but not sure if there is any history to indicate whether space will become available?
ITM-NRT-BKK is available for 2 in Y on NH/UA

KIX-PVG-BKK is available for 2 in C on CA/TG

And IMO award seats will open up on KIX/NRT/HND-BKK direct flights. You just have to wait and perhaps book at short notice.
Your best chance is going to be TG643 which is an A330, the B747 flight TG641 and the 77W flight677 at night, both are always tight,
Quote: ITM-NRT-BKK is available for 2 in Y on NH/UA

KIX-PVG-BKK is available for 2 in C on CA/TG

And IMO award seats will open up on KIX/NRT/HND-BKK direct flights. You just have to wait and perhaps book at short notice.
Quote: Your best chance is going to be TG643 which is an A330, the B747 flight TG641 and the 77W flight677 at night, both are always tight,
Thank you for the input. I'd prefer the non-stop from KIX so I'll wait it out a little longer. I figure if the loads stay low for another month or so some space might open up.