Lounge at Kuala Lumpur airport

Subscribe
I have just booked HEL-IST-KUL return tickets for me and my travelling companion. Incredibly cheap by the way, around 1700 euros per person in business class.

All the flights are with TK number, although IST-KUL-IST will be on MH metal. I know that we won't be able to access Turkish Airlines lounge at Istanbul before flight to Kuala Lumpur (Millenium lounge instead) even though it is a TK ticket.

My question is, will we have access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge at KLIA prior our flight to Istanbul (with TK ticket) or has Turkish Airlines some other contract lounge at KLIA? Thanks in advance.
You could use the golden lounge on arrival and departure which is a great lounge but unfortunately it's been closed for renovations during May 9 to June 18. Alternatively you can use China Airlines lounge, Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building or Malaysia Airports CIP lounges, Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building

Remember that you are also eglible to use the TK free hotel service with your ticket. More information about that on the relevant hotel thread.
Upon check in at KUL, the check in agent will be able to tell you which lounge you can use.

As you will be treated as a Malaysia Airlines passenger, you may also use the intown check in when travelling on the KLIA Ekspres.
I will bump this thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm flying TK Biz to KUL in June, and I'm wondering whether I'll be eligible to access the MH Golden Lounge, or if I'm restricted to the rather inferior TK and SQ lounges? Also is there any possibility of using any of the aforementioned lounges upon arrival with a TK J boarding pass? I have a 4 hour connection on 3K to SIN, so it would certainly ease the wait. Worst case I'd sit at Starbucks…
Bump! Just checking if anyone knows which lounge TK uses in KUL.
TK use the Plaza Premium lounge at KLIA. Invitations are given at check-in.
Quote: TK use the Plaza Premium lounge at KLIA. Invitations are given at check-in.
Makes sense I guess. The TG and SQ lounges would be closed by then, which doesn't leave many other options available.

Thanks ^
Quote: Makes sense I guess. The TG and SQ lounges would be closed by then, which doesn't leave many other options available.

Thanks ^
I got there at around 8.30pm so the SQ lounge was about to close, but the TG lounge was still open. Though I did actually prefer the Plaza Premium lounge to both of them.
Bump!

I am a bit confused.

I'm flying WAW - IST - KUL and KUL - IST - WAW in October and November in TK C class. No premium status in *A at the moment.

Do I actually have any choices regarding what lounges i can to visit in IST and KUL?
Question re mileage accrual
And a related question - I am planning to book a ticket on the TK IST-KUL flight in business class, but using the MH codeshare on TK metal (fare IST-KUL-SYD rt approx EUR 2700, with IST-KUL on TK metal and KUL-SYD on MH metal..)

I have frequent flyer accounts with LH, TK, BA, QF and a few more - but not with MH. Can I accrue award miles with any of these for IST-KUL-IST if booked with MH code?

And which lounge can I use in IST and KUL (I also have *G and BA Gold (oneworld emerald) - assume TK lounge in IST? What about MH lounge in KL?

Thanks
Quote: Do I actually have any choices regarding what lounges i can to visit in IST and KUL?
Plaza Premium is the lounge that TK uses. An invitation will be given to you at check-in. The SQ and TG lounges weren't too good actually.
Quote: Plaza Premium is the lounge that TK uses. An invitation will be given to you at check-in. The SQ and TG lounges weren't too good actually.
So the Plaza Premium is actually better than the TG and SQ lounges?

Will I be able to enter the SQ or TG lounge with a TK C class ticket?
Quote: So the Plaza Premium is actually better than the TG and SQ lounges?

Will I be able to enter the SQ or TG lounge with a TK C class ticket?
SQ Lounge is a disgrace. Depressing small room, with flourescent lightning, worn down chairs and lacking in food. The place made me depressed after 2 minutes, so I left. TG lounge is slightly better, though it gets awfully crowded and it's impossible to find a seat (I was able to use it upon arrival, despite traveling on JetStar. Some sweet talk was all it took ).

The Plaza Premium actually had the best seating with its comfortable winged back chairs. A nice atmosphere too, good apron views, a staffed bar, proper food and showers. I think you'll enjoy it more.

Not too sure if you can access the other lounges with your J boarding pass, but you could always give it a try…
Quote: Bump!

I am a bit confused.

I'm flying WAW - IST - KUL and KUL - IST - WAW in October and November in TK C class. No premium status in *A at the moment.

Do I actually have any choices regarding what lounges i can to visit in IST and KUL?
Unfortunately,you don't.
Quote: And a related question - I am planning to book a ticket on the TK IST-KUL flight in business class, but using the MH codeshare on TK metal (fare IST-KUL-SYD rt approx EUR 2700, with IST-KUL on TK metal and KUL-SYD on MH metal..)

I have frequent flyer accounts with LH, TK, BA, QF and a few more - but not with MH. Can I accrue award miles with any of these for IST-KUL-IST if booked with MH code?

And which lounge can I use in IST and KUL (I also have *G and BA Gold (oneworld emerald) - assume TK lounge in IST? What about MH lounge in KL?

Thanks
Any other thoughts on lounge usage in IST and KUL if ticketted on MH codeshare with TK metal?
And options for mileage accrual?

Thanks