Seattle-Frankfurt?

Subscribe
Hello all - looking for the collective wisdom of the group.

The knowledge here is amazing and I've learned quite a bit from y'all.

I did a quick search and it doesn't appear that many here care much for Iceland Air.

The missus and I will be travelling to SEA-Frankfurt and returning to Seattle via Paris.

The company is picking up the tab for coach. I will purchase business class seats and get reimbursed for the cost of whatever the coach fare happens to be.

Delta looks to be much more costly than Iceland.

I haven't even looked at the Paris-Seattle segment yet.

Is Iceland air that terrible? Suggestions?

Getting AS miles out of the trip would be a nice bonus as well.

Thanks in advance. ^
Quote: Hello all - looking for the collective wisdom of the group.

I did a quick search and it doesn't appear that many here care much for Iceland Air.

The missus and I will be travelling to SEA-Frankfurt and returning to Seattle via Paris.

The company is picking up the tab for coach. I will purchase business class seats and get reimbursed for the cost of whatever the coach fare happens to be.

Thanks in advance. ^
FI (Icelandair) business class is more comparable to domestic F (a seat with a small amount of recline and extra pitch as opposed to a truly lie-flat seat), which is probably why you are finding it more modestly priced. If you're fine with something closer to domestic F than international C/J, then you should be fine.

Also, AS miles for flying FI are just miles, they won't requalify you for AS elite status. DL miles will.
No EQMs - bummer. Wasn't aware of that.

It doesn't seem like the Delta routing is all that great though from what I've seen.

Thanks for the update. I think we'll be OK with something akin to domestic F.

Two seats with no middle would be alright with us.
Quote:
It doesn't seem like the Delta routing is all that great though from what I've seen.
?? Routing through AMS on DL would seem to be about the same as routing through Reykjavik.
There are lots of potential Delta-coded routings SEA-xxx-FRA:

DTW, and the 767-400 will have lie-flats in Business DTW-FRA
MSP
ATL (lie flats again)
AMS
CDG (possibly the most time efficient of the DL offerings)
Quote: There are lots of potential Delta-coded routings SEA-xxx-FRA:

DTW, and the 767-400 will have lie-flats in Business DTW-FRA
MSP
ATL (lie flats again)
AMS
CDG (possibly the most time efficient of the DL offerings)
Although I love Paris, I'm not sure that I would willingly connect through CDG. I would definitely choose DL, though, for the trip and to maximize EQM's.
Transfers in AMS are also a breeze, though you may have to hike a fair ways to the KLM Cityhopper gates for the short AMS-FRA segment.
Have you considered an AS/DE combination through YVR,YYC or ANC? AS and DE have an interline agreement and they are usually very inexpensive, but maybe you are looking for a more "premium" experience.
Quote: Have you considered an AS/DE combination through YVR,YYC or ANC? AS and DE have an interline agreement and they are usually very inexpensive, but maybe you are looking for a more "premium" experience.
I had to look up "DE" as I couldn't figure it out. DE = Condor.
Thanks, all. I knew I could count on you.

Great feedback. I thought there was an Iceland Air direct flight but I'm not seeing it now.

Thanks for all of the advice - it was most helpful and for that I am grateful!

Saved myself and the company some $$$ and booked Delta. It had a direct back to Seattle from CDG and being MVPG had a nice benefit - Economy Comfort was only $60/seat/segment (50% discount)
Quote: Have you considered an AS/DE combination through YVR,YYC or ANC? AS and DE have an interline agreement and they are usually very inexpensive, but maybe you are looking for a more "premium" experience.
I've also done AS/KL combination through YYC and YVR. My favorite is YVR-AMS-routing, as I like the overnight option. Don't know about the current schedule but KLM's flight, at least in the past, left YVR around 8pm or 9pm.

Jiburi
Quote: Hello all - looking for the collective wisdom of the group.

Thanks in advance. ^
Condor Comfort Class looks pretty nice. I hope so anyways.. I am taking it ANC to FRA round trip this september!
Quote: Condor Comfort Class looks pretty nice. I hope so anyways.. I am taking it ANC to FRA round trip this september!

No miles

Short flight though ^
Quote: I've also done AS/KL combination through YYC and YVR. My favorite is YVR-AMS-routing, as I like the overnight option. Don't know about the current schedule but KLM's flight, at least in the past, left YVR around 8pm or 9pm.

Jiburi
KL has moved to a 1600 departure (the same time as LH), getting in at 1020. It's also been 'down'graded (IMHO) to a 772 from the M11 for the summer.