(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Subscribe
Uh oh. Just got an email from x.com.au about ANA cancelling the first leg of my R2 DL-plated trip (RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR). Eep.
Quote: Uh oh. Just got an email from x.com.au about ANA cancelling the first leg of my R2 DL-plated trip (RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR). Eep.

Bummer..... Sorry to hear that.....
Did you have a layover in the USA at all?
So far my ticket (which is similar to yours [RGN-NRT-HNL-LAX-YVR] DL-plated) hasn't been touched at all... Keeping my fingers crossed....
Okay the sky isn't falling ... but it looks like NH is decreasing the frequency of their direct RGN-NRT flight. They offered me the same flight, but 3 days before. I probably can't do that (I haven't booked up the leave at work!), asked about in the days after but availability was a bit poor as it is Easter weekend.

Will discuss with the Mr. But we might be spending more time in Myanmar (bought flights to there, but not from Canada yet, so no skin off our noses).

Edit: just had the couple hours stopover in SEA, so none of the DOT 24hr thing would apply.
Quote: Okay the sky isn't falling ... but it looks like NH is decreasing the frequency of their direct RGN-NRT flight. They offered me the same flight, but 3 days before. I probably can't do that (I haven't booked up the leave at work!), asked about in the days after but availability was a bit poor as it is Easter weekend.

Will discuss with the Mr. But we might be spending more time in Myanmar (bought flights to there, but not from Canada yet, so no skin off our noses).

Edit: just had the couple hours stopover in SEA, so none of the DOT 24hr thing would apply.

Do you mind sharing what date you were flying out of RGN on the ANA flight. This will affect others if certain days of the week are losing flights.
Looks like its going Mon, Wed, Sat

FLIGHT SCHEDULE
DIRECT FLIGHTS:
Mon,Wed,Sat 21:30 Yangon (RGN) 06:50 Narita, Tokyo (NRT) 1
NH 914 Non-stop Boeing 737 (737) 6:50 Effective from 2013-04-01
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat 22:00 Yangon (RGN) 06:40 Narita, Tokyo (NRT) 1
NH 914 Non-stop Boeing 737 (737) 6:10 Valid until 2013-01-02
Mon,Wed,Sat 22:00 Yangon (RGN) 06:40 Narita, Tokyo (NRT) 1
NH 914 Non-stop Boeing 737 (737) 6:10 Effective 2013-01-30 through 2013-03-30
Quote: Uh oh. Just got an email from x.com.au about ANA cancelling the first leg of my R2 DL-plated trip (RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR). Eep.
Received a similar message from xp.com - ANA is apparently doing something about _all_ of its future non-stop RGN-NRT flights, as it's currently not selling any of them (flights still there but availability has been zeroed out).
Info point - ANA's online timetable is showing no RGN-NRT non-stops between March 26 and April 12, with scheduled flights otherwise on M/W/Sa, but availability for flights on any day still seems zeroed. Odd.
Quote: Received a similar message from xp.com - ANA is apparently doing something about _all_ of its future non-stop RGN-NRT flights, as it's currently not selling any of them (flights still there but availability has been zeroed out).
This may not necessarily be a bad thing - in that case, if my NH914 were discontinued at my departure date, I would have no problem to catch NH954 or NH916 from BKK to NRT to save hassle of applying Myanmar visa or persuading GA for VOA at RGN.
Quote: Received a similar message from xp.com - ANA is apparently doing something about _all_ of its future non-stop RGN-NRT flights, as it's currently not selling any of them (flights still there but availability has been zeroed out).
Quoted from a CAPA article published this week
ANA could up-gauge Yangon service in 2013
Qatar, ANA and Dragonair are all operating narrowbody aircraft to Yangon, which allows the carriers to initially test the market with minimal risk. ANA particularly has a limited amount of capacity in the market as it is serving Tokyo-Yangon with one of its two all-premium 737-700s.

As demand grows, particularly leisure demand, more widebody services could be added. ANA CEO Shinichiro Ito told CAPA in Nov-2012 that the carrier’s Yangon service is capped at three weekly flights due to bilateral restrictions but the carrier has the flexibility to add capacity without increasing frequencies by up-gauging the route to widebody aircraft in two-class configuration such as 767s or 787s.

ANA launched service to Yangon in Oct-2012 using 737-700s configured with 38 business class club style seats. The service is being temporarily suspended from 5-Jan-2013 to 28-Jan-2013 as the aircraft is overhauled and retrofitted. The new configuration will feature 24 business class seats and 10 premium economy seats - the premium economy seats will be identical to the 38 seats which were previously marketed as business while the business class product will be improved.

ANA in 2007 quietly began experimenting with 737s in all-premium configuration, initially on the Tokyo-Mumbai and Nagoya-Guangzhou routes (the latter was subsequently dropped). Mr Ito still considers the ANA Business Jet operation, which has never expanded beyond the initial two aircraft (one of which had the 38-seat all-business configuration and one of which initially had a two-class configuration with 24 business class and 20 premium economy seats), a “test”.
Quote: Quoted from a CAPA article published this week
Great info. I thought the all business flights were always on Mon/Wed/Sat. Good to see that they will retrofit the aircraft.

Here's hoping that my May flight is on a much improved 737 or possibly a dreamliner...

BTW, all the recent sucess stories are very encouraging.
ANA Flight 914
Thanks to looking at the posts today I learned that my Apr 3 NH flight from RGN to NRT had been cancelled.

I called NH and told them I was flexible and could return on Apr 15 if necessary. After a while on hold the very nice NH agent told me that even though NH 914 was operating on Apr 15 they would accommodate me on my original date Apr 3. TG 306 RGN-BKK to NH 916 BKK-NRT and then the rest of my intact itinerary DL NRT-SEA-AS SEA YVR.

The original tickets are AF stock from Exp.uk., NH told me that they had reissued the RGN-BKK-NRT portions and gave me new ticket numbers for the RGN-BKK-NRT portions and told me to travel with both sets of ticket numbers.

My Delta record now only shows the NRT-SEA-YVR portions. Looks like we're now traveling on two separate tickets. I called Delta and they said all was good from their end.

I guess I'm happy about this because it seems like it will reduce the chances of Expedia.uk cancelling the tickets at the last moment.
Quote: Thanks to looking at the posts today I learned that my Apr 3 NH flight from RGN to NRT had been cancelled.

I called NH and told them I was flexible and could return on Apr 15 if necessary. After a while on hold the very nice NH agent told me that even though NH 914 was operating on Apr 15 they would accommodate me on my original date Apr 3. TG 306 RGN-BKK to NH 916 BKK-NRT and then the rest of my intact itinerary DL NRT-SEA-AS SEA YVR.

The original tickets are AF stock from Exp.uk., NH told me that they had reissued the RGN-BKK-NRT portions and gave me new ticket numbers for the RGN-BKK-NRT portions and told me to travel with both sets of ticket numbers.

My Delta record now only shows the NRT-SEA-YVR portions. Looks like we're now traveling on two separate tickets. I called Delta and they said all was good from their end.

I guess I'm happy about this because it seems like it will reduce the chances of Expedia.uk cancelling the tickets at the last moment.
Good for you and thumbs up to NH! I guess this is actually one of my desiring situation: to depart from NRT instead of RGN if these two itins are truly on two sets of tickets.

I just researched a bit and found there are several NH codeshared TG operated flights from BKK to NRT. If I can, I'd jump on those TG metals rather than NH's.
Just did a dummy booking for my May NH914 flight and found the seat map has the updated 6 rows of business (24 seats) and 3 rows of economy (10 premium economy seats). Business fare is $3,252 and economy is $1,487 for my date.

Here is the updated seating chart for 737:
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/mm/e/asw_c...0er/index.html

Not sure what is on Row 7. I hope the new seats are flat bed type.
Quote: ....My Delta record now only shows the NRT-SEA-YVR portions. Looks like we're now traveling on two separate tickets. I called Delta and they said all was good from their end.

Lucky you.

xp.uk doesn't have access to your booking anymore. You are set to go.
Quote: Thanks to looking at the posts today I learned that my Apr 3 NH flight from RGN to NRT had been cancelled.

How did you know it got cancelled? I have two tickets and both seem ok on ANA's website.