Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sanctuary Cove - Gold Coast REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - LEAVING HYATT 12/5/12?

Old Apr 11, 2002, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier

Planning a trip down under and considering spending a few days at the Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast. Anyone stayed there? How is is? How's the Regency Club? Suites?
Old Apr 11, 2002, 1:43 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
This is one of our favourite Hyatt. The RC is in a pavillion - last July, they tried to stop the buffet style in evening and to only give out a preset plate per table - hope they stopped that again. Breakfast in RC is really good. Fireplace restaurant too.
Old May 20, 2002, 4:54 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Super place! My wife absolutely loves it and its elegant simplicity and attendant fine service. It is one of her favorites worldwide of any resort.
Old May 21, 2002, 1:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Super place! My wife absolutely loves it and its elegant simplicity and attendant fine service. It is one of her favorites worldwide of any resort. </font>
Do they offer buffet style food in the RC in the evening again or did they keep the one plate per table policy ?
Old May 22, 2002, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Enjoyed our stay, late summer...take bug spray. Get a hamper from the Hyatt and have a picnic in the hills (rainforest) and visit the artsy shops.
Old May 22, 2002, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Very nice although really small hotel. Nice marina with many good restaurants and shops next to it. Seemed to be much better than Coolum Beach where we had stayed. We left the Coolum Beach and went to the Gold Coast but the Hyatt was full and so we went to the Marriott which is also very nice.

Muerz
Old May 13, 2003, 8:49 am

Hyatt Regency Club (Sanctuary Cove) questions

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some information. We'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove at the end of the year, and I'm wondering if upgrading to the Regency Club is worth the 45.00 USD per night is worth it... Generally we stay at Sheraton's/Westin's, but not this time, so I am unfamiliar with the Regency Club and what it may offer...
Old May 13, 2003, 3:48 pm

We love the RC at Sanctuary Cove. It is in a pavillion and offers continental breakfast, softdrinks, coffee/tea nad cookies and snacks and wine/beer in the evening.

I hope they did not switch to snacks served on a small plate in the evening again !
Old May 13, 2003, 5:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
$45 per night?? Marginal, unless big drinkers. If 2 adults and a child then definately. If 1 adult, then probably not. If you will be out and about and miss any AM or PM use of club they probably not. If you are going to "hang" at the property and use the club at every chance then go for it.

We, as Diamond's, got it free. We thought the club was well worth that and more (heh, heh) but $22.50US each per day, I doubt it.
Old May 14, 2003, 7:22 am

I forgot to mention that we are 2 adults and 2 children (ages 6 & 8)... I think that we would at least take advantage of the breakfast, if it's your normal breakfast fare. I've always found when staying in a hotel, that the most leisurely way for us to eat breakfast is in the club lounge (at least in the Sheraton's/Westin's) Sounds like the Regency Club may be worthwhile to us.

Are the accomodations themselves different in any way? Or, is the only difference the lounge?

Glad to see a few people that have been to Sanctuary Cove!
Old May 16, 2003, 4:19 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
There is a way to upgrade.
You can join the Club at the Hyatt and they give you upgrade certificates for all the Australian properties. email me if you are interested.
The cost is about $US150 and you get 50% off dining as well.
Old May 17, 2003, 7:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aussielori:
There is a way to upgrade.
You can join the Club at the Hyatt and they give you upgrade certificates for all the Australian properties. email me if you are interested.
The cost is about $US150 and you get 50% off dining as well.
</font>

Aussielori, your email address is not public, but I'd really like to hear more about this! Are the upgrade certs. good for confirmed upgrades? Or, just available at check in? We could definitely use 50% off our dining!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 4:57 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold

Another question:

Is it worth to stay in a SUITE
at Hyatt Sanctuary Cove ? I am on a long holiday.
Any experiences?

Is it better to fly to Brisbane or to Coolangetta/gold coast airport? Does anyone know what the cost for a limo or taxi is from the airport?
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:

Another question:

Any experiences?

Is it better to fly to Brisbane or to Coolangetta/gold coast airport? Does anyone know what the cost for a limo or taxi is from the airport?
</font>
It takes about an hour from Brisbane airport.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 6:44 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:

Another question:

Any experiences?

</font>
If I remember correctly we stayed in the "Queenslander Suite" about one year ago. It was on the ground floor and had a separate bed room and combined lounge/dining. There is carpet throughout the suites whereas the normal rooms come mainly with polished floors. Also keep in mind that you have Club access if staying in the suites. Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the suite, but if you get a good deal it might be worth the extra room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.