April 29-May 6 - Itinerary Recommendation

Subscribe
Hello China Ambassadors -

Was wondering if you could assist with a last second trip I have. Details are below (thanks for your help ahead of time):

1) Arriving in Hong Kong on April 27th from NYC.
Ready to depart Hong Kong for Mainland China on April 29th morning or evening of April 28th. Will need to return to Hong Kong on May 6th evening.

Therefore have April 29th - May 6th to tour in China (8 days inclusive)

2) Wanted to tour around Beijing, Xi'an / Yangshuo areas. (Shanghai I am willing to forego ... as it doesn't seem like I'd had enough time).

3) Any advice on the itin, travel between cities / sites, and travel within the city / region. Also any recommendations regarding hotel (3.5 - 4 star US/Europe type standard is fine). I have loyalty points with PriorityClub that I can use ... or I can just pay for the rooms with cash / credit card.

4) Any recommendations regarding a per day itin for those 8 days.

Thanks and sorry for the last second trip ... was a last minute thing and I figured if I am out there already might as well stay longer and see some sights.
OP, check the FAQ thread first. Good links to hotel threads and places to see. Once you have a few top places identified start filling in some proposals and we can help comment better.
Quote: Hello China Ambassadors -

Was wondering if you could assist with a last second trip I have. Details are below (thanks for your help ahead of time):

Therefore have April 29th - May 6th to tour in China (8 days inclusive)
This forum has some great china ambassador comments on BJ.

BTW, keep in mind the 'May day' holiday is April 29th-May 1st, its a china holiday on May 1st which is a tuesday & a heavy in-country travel day.