Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]

Subscribe
Quote: Important Data Point!!!

My account has been blocked from further money transfers (both into and out of my account - in other words, cycling).

I opened the account in early April, cycled $20K 2 times, and then my account was frozen. The only way to unlock it and get money out was to call, so I did, and they told me that I have to write a letter to their "risk" department explaining why I moved large sums of money into and out of the account.
Thats crazy...Are you sure you waited until the money showed up as "available to withdraw"?
Quote: I recently opened up a Fidelity account, deposited $25,500 (all of which cleared today and is available for trading) and still no miles to my United account. How long is this going to take?
Who knows. I'm coming up on two weeks since hitting 100k, and not a single mile has hit my UA acct.
my initial 25k delta miles posted by 4/1, but the rest 25k is no where to be seen.. seems indeed the good old time is over..
It seems there are three companies (Ameritrade, eTrade, Fidelity) competing for the same business. If there's a bonus that interests me, I usually call the company and see if they'll award me the points or miles based on adding money or securities. That's what I did with the Fidelity AA offer, though Fidelity has been slower than usual in awarding the miles. Maybe they're trying to identify the "churners." A more efficient policy is to require a time limit (e.g. 6 - 12 months) or minimum balance on the account. Or just track bonuses by SS#. Otherwise I would expect to see fewer miles/points promotions in the future.
Quote: Who knows. I'm coming up on two weeks since hitting 100k, and not a single mile has hit my UA acct.
I'm in the same boat. I wonder if I should cycle some funds back in to trigger the 2nd set of miles.
I was rejected for the AA offer for having a retirement account, despite having assurance and confirmation from Fidelity saying I was in fact eligible. They then sent me this in a DM:
". Our national group is aware of your conversation on March 8 but continues to state that you did not qualify and will not give you America Airlines miles for these funds. The associate I spoke to stated that the offer has changed as of April 5 and if you were to deposit additional funds into the account you would qualify but our National group will not allow these past funds to be counted towards the offer. They stated that the only miles offer they could press to our national office is the Delta Airmiles offer because you did qualify for that offer on March 7.
I see that you argued with ***** about your eligibility and you were assured. I completely understand what you are saying and I am very sorry that I can not do more for you in this."

Classic bait and switch! Changing the rules in the middle of the game...
Quote:
Quote: Who knows. I'm coming up on two weeks since hitting 100k, and not a single mile has hit my UA acct.
I'm in the same boat. I wonder if I should cycle some funds back in to trigger the 2nd set of miles.
Just finished a chat session. Rep said 6-8 weeks. Looks like Fidelity wants us to keep the money in there for about two months. The rep warned me not to make any withdrawals since that may disqualify me. And if the value of the account drops due to fluctuating stock prices, it doesn't matter. Fidelity is only concerned with deposits and withdrawals. Looks like Fidelity may be cracking down on cycling.

Waiting 6-8 weeks is not a huge deal. Better than 6-8 months!
Quote: I was rejected for the AA offer for having a retirement account, despite having assurance and confirmation from Fidelity saying I was in fact eligible. They then sent me this in a DM:
". Our national group is aware of your conversation on March 8 but continues to state that you did not qualify and will not give you America Airlines miles for these funds. The associate I spoke to stated that the offer has changed as of April 5 and if you were to deposit additional funds into the account you would qualify but our National group will not allow these past funds to be counted towards the offer. They stated that the only miles offer they could press to our national office is the Delta Airmiles offer because you did qualify for that offer on March 7.
I see that you argued with ***** about your eligibility and you were assured. I completely understand what you are saying and I am very sorry that I can not do more for you in this."

Classic bait and switch! Changing the rules in the middle of the game...
Go to TD for the SPG offer if that still exists, and TELL Fido why.

They disqualified me last year on the AMEX Membership Reward offer that was specifically opened for existing customer because we had a very small (15K AA miles) 4 years ago via exception. The rep on the Chat was kind of rude also. I sent a SM to tell Fido how I felt and how I was valued by TD (fact was, we already were pulling out assets from our regular account but the IRA accounts were untouched.) Someone from "Executive Team" contacted me in 2 days and the table turned.

The idiots at Fido deserve to have their bonuses taken by folks cycling their money - teach them an expensive lesson that all their money spent in marketing to get new customers by treating existing customers like sh$t gains them NOTHING while costs them a ton.

Good for those folks have been able to get double/triple dips before the game finally! slowly changes.
Quote: Thats crazy...Are you sure you waited until the money showed up as "available to withdraw"?
Yep, I even waited several extra days as a precaution.
Can u just park the money without investing to avoid risk of market crash?
Quote: Can u just park the money without investing to avoid risk of market crash?
Yes. You can use any of their Money Market Funds which currently yield a paltry 0.01 to 0.05% per year. Go to the Fixed Income / Taxable, you will find there are several to choose from. Usually the Select yield a wee bit higher than the others - still very paltry though. They are not FDIC but they are insured by SPIC. Fido also has additional private insurance. Meaning you would only lose money should Fido goes under. If Fido goes under, 1/2 of this country's IRA/401K accounts would be in jeopardy - so rest assured that would not happen.
Quote: ...

The idiots at Fido deserve to have their bonuses taken by folks cycling their money - teach them an expensive lesson that all their money spent in marketing to get new customers by treating existing customers like sh$t gains them NOTHING while costs them a ton.

Good for those folks have been able to get double/triple dips before the game finally! slowly changes.
^ Definitely agree with everything Happy said here! Unfortunately, it is intended to be a lesson for them, we, who have enough assets vested there, would be paying the price also. I wish I could take my 401K out of there as well but it was my company's choice, not mine.
Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points ONLY
Am going to deposit 60, then cycle 10 in and out. Don't see how they could disqualify me for the 25,000 UA miles, since I will meet that requirement. Would like to get the 50, though.
I posted in the previous thread about my account...

It too has been frozen. By fidelity. I was cycling 25k in/out!
DAMN FIDELITY! Is cycling still possible?

I created an account just last week, my first $25k cleared on Wed and no miles deposited. Under the old system how long does it take for miles to post?

If Fidelity is cutting down on cycling, I'm never going to do business with those .......s again!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  13  53  103