Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dallas (Downtown) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2001, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC

I just stayed at the Dallas Hyatt, and the RC is closed. At check-in, they said that it was closed due to rennovations, but my room was on the 17th floor (RC level), and I couldn't see a bit of construction going on through the locked glass doors.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 11:43 am

It was "under construction" when I stayed there in July as well. Good work must take time, ehh?
Old Nov 15, 2001, 6:45 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I also stayed at the Dallas Hyatt at Reunion last night; but I got a different explanation. Front desk manager told me that it had been closed by corporate just prior to Sept 11 by corporate. They said they were trying to get corporate to reopen it in January. Problem had been abuse of the RC. He said that on average they had about 3 times as many people go through the RC as were RC guests. They were trying to find a better way to control access.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:41 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hyatt Regency Dallas - Does the Regency Club Actually Exist?

Does anyone know the answer to above?

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:53 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
I was there last month. Above average RC was open. Concierge was very friendly.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 12:43 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks diva. Did you happen to notice if the hotel had a jacuzzi or received Court TV?

Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:26 am

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Sorry but I don't know. I was in and out of there quickly.
Old May 4, 2004, 2:04 pm

Hyatt Regency Dallas

I'm going to a wedding in Dallas in early August and am thinking about staying at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas using points for a standard room.

Can anyone tell me what to expect for a room? I have always been upgraded to a suite or a RC room on points stays when I have booked a standard room (except for one horrible stay in the Grand Hyatt in NYC), so I am hoping that I will get at least a RC room.

Has anyone stayed there recently? I noticed that it is only a categoary 2. Is this because of the location or because of the property itself. The property webiste said that the bathrooms and room furnishings were renovated in the end of 2003. Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.
Old May 4, 2004, 3:13 pm

Stayed at the hotel in Feb. 2004. On weekends the RC is closed, but the breakfast vouchers can be used at the restaurant, which has a very good buffet. IIRC has some Texas style breakfast items, (scrambled eggs with peppers, etc.) Hotel is nice, nothing special, a convention style hotel. Before you burn points, check out the PL pages. We were able to stay for $40 on PL. Sometimes the valet parking can be a zoo, if the hotel is full of conventioners though.
Old May 4, 2004, 3:18 pm

Typical Convention Hotel

I generally stay there 4-5 times a year and was there two weekends ago. It is located in downtown Dallas, next to Run-down, err Reunion Arena (former home of the NBA's Mavericks and NHL's Stars). It is also one of the closest hotels to the Dallas Convention Center. It is Cat. 2 based on location and the varying convention business, from teachers to cheerleaders. it's big, 1,000 rooms.
I have only been upgraded to Business Plan rooms, but my status os only Plat., but I am reconized upon check in. The bathrooms have been upgraded and look more like a Westin, but no Heavenly Shower. Depending on which side you are on, you may get a look at the I-30 and I-35 interchange or the Dallas skyline with the light rail station in the forefront. The RC is not at the top of the hotel, but I recall it on the 17th floor. Currently, it is not open on the weekend and closes following breakfast on Fridays.
Self parking for $8 (no in/out) in a lot across the street or $16 for valet.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diam, AA plat, Hertz gold
Dallas

Traveling to Dallas and don't know which Hyatt to stay at. D/FW or Reunion.
Location doesn't matter. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

See my reviews from about 2 yrs ago at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt/

Short answer though - DFW location is convenient for the airport of course (but rather isolated for anywhere else) but the property itself is pretty worn especially the rooms. Reunion is a fairly nice larger property (similar to HR Atlanta Downtown) but rooms are in good shape as they appeared to be recently renovated (2 years ago) the location is so so however since downtown Dallas proper is probably 5-10 blocks away.

Welcome to FT and Hyatt forum by the way
Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diam, AA plat, Hertz gold
Thanks for your feedback. I called both hotels and it seems like they have recently renovated both properties. Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt's in Dallas lately?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:04 pm

Stayed in both about a year ago. Reuinion was much nicer property and the location was fairly good. DART runns right by hotel, very convenient if you are going to AA center. Breakfast buffet at Reunion is very good. A large convention type hotel.
DFW was undergoing renovations when I was there. Really stuck out away from everything unless you are flying. I would choose Reunion and check out Priceline rates.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Dfw

You can request an airport view and see quite a lot. The hotel, however, is off the runways some distance. Its not right on top of the action like say, the IAH Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.