$6K goal met for Dahl fund! Thank you, FlyerTalkers

Subscribe
Quote: Thanks 1KChinto we just reached $4775. Thanks for your support.

Capt Denny
You are most welcome.
Broke The Barrier
It is Sunday evening and we just broke the $5000 barrier. The scholarship drive is now at $5025. Remember if we reach $6000 the Stinson Tri-Motor owner will add another passenger to the ride. Six dayd till the drawing. All donations have to be in by the 11th of May.

Capt Denny
Quote: BRT 12 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-2-2012-a.html has donated $250 to the Captain Jason Dahl Fund, with more to follow.

I hope others will make a donation.
Quote: It is Sunday evening and we just broke the $5000 barrier. The scholarship drive is now at $5025. Remember if we reach $6000 the Stinson Tri-Motor owner will add another passenger to the ride. Six dayd till the drawing. All donations have to be in by the 11th of May.
I just made another donation of $180 in the name of BRT 12 riders. We're at $505 and I hope to get an additional $50 through the sales of BRT baseball caps and shirts.
More Donations
More donations have come in today and the Brooklyn Reality Tour is doing a great job in promoting The Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship drive. As of this evening we are at $5305. If we reach $6000 a second name will drawn for the ride and we will have to coordinate so that everyone is on the aircraft together. As mentioned earlier the owner would appreciate if he can give the ride on June 2nd which is the airports "Aviation Days" event.

Capt Denny

Quote: I just made another donation of $180 in the name of BRT 12 riders. We're at $505 and I hope to get an additional $50 through the sales of BRT baseball caps and shirts.
Humble on my Part
You folks are really making a difference for the Dahl Fund.
The best part of my day is thanking you as you help us make a difference...the future of aviation.
As many of you already know Jason was my best friend. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes like a lifetime ago.
The young people who win these scholarships remind me of when I lived a lifetime ago.
Regardless of donations and such each and everyone of you make my day everyday. Sure I hope we make the goal. Regardless I ask for pictures and video so that we can post people having a great time at a once in a lifetime experience.

Captain David
I'm MSP based, and figured I better chip in as well, so I just did so!

My dad is a retired US Navy Captain, who flew AD-6 Skyraiders off the USS Hornet, and was later commander of an S2F squadron based out of Glenview NAS. He got involved as a volunteer pilot at Planes of Fame air museum in Flying Cloud, MN before it all moved to CA, and flew pretty much everything there from their Hellcat and Bearcat to (his favorite) the Corsair.

I'm scheduled to work on June 2nd, but I might try and get him to the event if possible?
Thank You For Your Service
Quote: I'm MSP based, and figured I better chip in as well, so I just did so!

My dad is a retired US Navy Captain, who flew AD-6 Skyraiders off the USS Hornet, and was later commander of an S2F squadron based out of Glenview NAS. He got involved as a volunteer pilot at Planes of Fame air museum in Flying Cloud, MN before it all moved to CA, and flew pretty much everything there from their Hellcat and Bearcat to (his favorite) the Corsair.

I'm scheduled to work on June 2nd, but I might try and get him to the event if possible?
MPsince1984,

When you next see your dad thank him for his serrvice. His courage, sacrifice and devotion enable the rest of us to enjoy the freedoms and liberties of this great country. I am also a retired Naval Aviator and flew the S-2 like your dad. Our next raffle is in Sept and it will be a T-6 Texan.

On the morning of the 9th our totals are $5330 with 37 donors buying 903 chances.

Capt Denny
USN Ret.
Photos and Such
Hey whoever wins these awesome events...would you PLEASE consider getting some photos or video so we can post it on the dahlfund website!

Captain Dave
Quote: Hey whoever wins these awesome events...would you PLEASE consider getting some photos or video so we can post it on the dahlfund website!

Captain Dave
Dave, contribution complete, and always happy to put in my share. I know you were Jason's very close friend, and I knew him from when we both were working as instructors at Flying Country Club in San Jose, though I didn't know him as well as you did.

We know each other in passing, by the way, but I'm staying under the radar here. I'm a DEN based 757/767 Cap, and was playing the drums in the swing band at the Jason Dahl fundraiser event in the hangar out in Parker a couple years ago.

Be well

FAB
Secret Agent Man
Quote: Dave, contribution complete, and always happy to put in my share. I know you were Jason's very close friend, and I knew him from when we both were working as instructors at Flying Country Club in San Jose, though I didn't know him as well as you did.

We know each other in passing, by the way, but I'm staying under the radar here. I'm a DEN based 757/767 Cap, and was playing the drums in the swing band at the Jason Dahl fundraiser event in the hangar out in Parker a couple years ago.

Be well

FAB
Your Killing me! WOW
The Last Two Days
We are coming to a close to The Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship Drive and your support was greatly appreciated in our endeavor to keep Jason's memory alive through helping young aviators. I would like for you to take a moment and read one of this years scholarships winners from Kansas State.

Currently we are at $5445 37 donors with 903 chances

Capt Denny

The Sky is Limitless: My Desire to be a Professional Pilot

When I was a child, my grandmother and I went on a walk and ran into one of her good friends. Her friend gave me a homemade airplane made out of Popsicle sticks. This unexpected gift really enhanced my desire to be a pilot someday. As I grew up, my family began to notice my passion for airplanes. I would spend hours reading books and watching movies about these magnificent machines. My room slowly filled up with Space Shuttles and model airplanes.

Whenever I heard an airplane pass by my family and house, I would run outside and watch it soar along the sky. My childhood was spent admiring the beauty of flight, but it was not until I graduated from high school that i found my "true calling into aviation. Upon completing high school, I attended a private college in town with a full-ride scholarship for singing; I mostly sang opera and with a special ensemble. I felt that my life was not complete. I felt as though something was missing. Near the end of my first semester in
college, I went on an introductory flight at a local flight training facility. Never had I thought that actually flying in an airplane, not dreaming of it, would be so uplifting and life changing.

During the flight, the flight instructor let me roll the piane into a turn and pitch it up and down. I felt as though I was in a dream. At the completion of the flight, I wanted my life to be involved with flying airplanes. Upon completing my first semester at the private college, I ended up transferring to Kansas State University at Salina in pursuit of a professional pilot degree; l
substituted my full-ride scholarship with many loans. I knew I would be in debt, but how else could I have started my dream? My dream of flying is so important to me and I cannot afford to allow the burden of loans to discourage that.

Since starting the professional pilot program with K-State University at Salina, in the Spring of 2011, l have progressed tremendously through my studies. ln one year, I have been able to obtain my Private Pilot license and Instrument Rating. Also, l was able to finish my Instrument Flight Lab 2 for time building. My biggest highlight last year was my solo cross-country flight to Rapid City, South Dakota. l never could have dreamed that l would have
reached this point in my life. Whenever I crank the piston engine in a Cessna Skyhawk, I feel my blood start to fill with excitement. Many times, before a flight, I become overwhelmed with excitement and that excitement bubbles throughout my communication with my instructor and Air Traffic Control; having fun and being professional is what aviation is all about. I feel home
when I am in an airplane, as though the airplane was an extension of my body. This bond is unbreakable. Every day I wake up and tell myself that I am living the dream, the dream of flying.

To me, the career of a professionai pilot is so rewarding and beneficial. When I become a professional pilot, I will be given the opportunity to travel around the country, if not the joy and adventure. Without flying, my life would not be complete; it is as if flying is a part of my DNA. I cannot imagine pursuing any other career. When I obtain my professional pilot degree, I plan to start my professional pilot career by instructing other pilot students. I want my admiration of flight to fuel the dreams of my Students and inspire them to reach their goals within aviation. When I obtain enough flight hours, I want to apply for either a regional airline or corporate job. With a regional airline, I
could gain valuable multi-engine hours that would be applied toward a major airline, later on down the road. On the other hand, a corporate job would allow me to fly to a vast variety of airports around the country, gaining valuable experience in a multitude of conditions. I would be happy with either position. One aspect of flying that I have recently become intrigued by is aerobatic flying. I have thought of this as an option because of certain training I have done with my current flight instructor. I find this aspect of flying truly breathtaking and exhilarating. Understanding the bond of an aerobatic pilot and his airplane is something that intrigues me. As of now, these are all my options; I am sure many more will be revealed as l further my
education toward becoming a professional pilot.

I have many goals when it comes to my pursuit of a degree as a professional pilot. The main goal I have, right now, is to obtain my Commercial license by the end of May. From then on, my most important goal would be to obtain my Certified Flight Instructor License by the end of the year. l am so close to reaching these milestones in my career as a professional pilot; milestones I never thought I would be so close to, since starting my degree a year ago.

Pursuing a career as a professional pilot is my dream and desire for the rest of my life. I will continue to make this dream a reality until the day I die. Every day in this profession carries endless possibilities; the sky is always limitless.
David and Jason
Quote: We are coming to a close to The Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship Drive and your support was greatly appreciated in our endeavor to keep Jason's memory alive through helping young aviators. I would like for you to take a moment and read one of this years scholarships winners from Kansas State.

Currently we are at $5445 37 donors with 903 chances

Capt Denny

The Sky is Limitless: My Desire to be a Professional Pilot

When I was a child, my grandmother and I went on a walk and ran into one of her good friends. Her friend gave me a homemade airplane made out of Popsicle sticks. This unexpected gift really enhanced my desire to be a pilot someday. As I grew up, my family began to notice my passion for airplanes. I would spend hours reading books and watching movies about these magnificent machines. My room slowly filled up with Space Shuttles and model airplanes.

Whenever I heard an airplane pass by my family and house, I would run outside and watch it soar along the sky. My childhood was spent admiring the beauty of flight, but it was not until I graduated from high school that i found my "true calling into aviation. Upon completing high school, I attended a private college in town with a full-ride scholarship for singing; I mostly sang opera and with a special ensemble. I felt that my life was not complete. I felt as though something was missing. Near the end of my first semester in
college, I went on an introductory flight at a local flight training facility. Never had I thought that actually flying in an airplane, not dreaming of it, would be so uplifting and life changing.

During the flight, the flight instructor let me roll the piane into a turn and pitch it up and down. I felt as though I was in a dream. At the completion of the flight, I wanted my life to be involved with flying airplanes. Upon completing my first semester at the private college, I ended up transferring to Kansas State University at Salina in pursuit of a professional pilot degree; l
substituted my full-ride scholarship with many loans. I knew I would be in debt, but how else could I have started my dream? My dream of flying is so important to me and I cannot afford to allow the burden of loans to discourage that.

Since starting the professional pilot program with K-State University at Salina, in the Spring of 2011, l have progressed tremendously through my studies. ln one year, I have been able to obtain my Private Pilot license and Instrument Rating. Also, l was able to finish my Instrument Flight Lab 2 for time building. My biggest highlight last year was my solo cross-country flight to Rapid City, South Dakota. l never could have dreamed that l would have
reached this point in my life. Whenever I crank the piston engine in a Cessna Skyhawk, I feel my blood start to fill with excitement. Many times, before a flight, I become overwhelmed with excitement and that excitement bubbles throughout my communication with my instructor and Air Traffic Control; having fun and being professional is what aviation is all about. I feel home
when I am in an airplane, as though the airplane was an extension of my body. This bond is unbreakable. Every day I wake up and tell myself that I am living the dream, the dream of flying.

To me, the career of a professionai pilot is so rewarding and beneficial. When I become a professional pilot, I will be given the opportunity to travel around the country, if not the joy and adventure. Without flying, my life would not be complete; it is as if flying is a part of my DNA. I cannot imagine pursuing any other career. When I obtain my professional pilot degree, I plan to start my professional pilot career by instructing other pilot students. I want my admiration of flight to fuel the dreams of my Students and inspire them to reach their goals within aviation. When I obtain enough flight hours, I want to apply for either a regional airline or corporate job. With a regional airline, I
could gain valuable multi-engine hours that would be applied toward a major airline, later on down the road. On the other hand, a corporate job would allow me to fly to a vast variety of airports around the country, gaining valuable experience in a multitude of conditions. I would be happy with either position. One aspect of flying that I have recently become intrigued by is aerobatic flying. I have thought of this as an option because of certain training I have done with my current flight instructor. I find this aspect of flying truly breathtaking and exhilarating. Understanding the bond of an aerobatic pilot and his airplane is something that intrigues me. As of now, these are all my options; I am sure many more will be revealed as l further my
education toward becoming a professional pilot.

I have many goals when it comes to my pursuit of a degree as a professional pilot. The main goal I have, right now, is to obtain my Commercial license by the end of May. From then on, my most important goal would be to obtain my Certified Flight Instructor License by the end of the year. l am so close to reaching these milestones in my career as a professional pilot; milestones I never thought I would be so close to, since starting my degree a year ago.

Pursuing a career as a professional pilot is my dream and desire for the rest of my life. I will continue to make this dream a reality until the day I die. Every day in this profession carries endless possibilities; the sky is always limitless.
When I was 6 and Jason Dahl was maybe 6 years old.

We wanted to fly airplanes. We had a dream that was so far from any possibilty.
Our parents and others such as people like yourselves actually made our dreams come true. We did the work yes...but the inspiration and support was from folks like yourselves.

Maybe you are not just involved in the future of aviation but also directly involved in making dreams come true?

David
I'm not going to be at a computer tomorrow morning, but promise to make my donation tomorrow afternoon.
Thursdays Update
Just winding down at the Flanagan household. Today is my wifes (Terri) birthday. Two children returned home from college and 4 of 5 children will be with us all summer. Life is good.

As of tonight donations are $5555 with 42 donors and 924 chances. Tomorrow is the last day of the scholarship drive and I will accept donations till midnight PST.

The drawing will be Saturday afternoon MST. For those of you that gave me your handle I will post that as the winning name. If I draw a name and I do not have your handle I will email you and see how you want your name posted.

Capt Denny
flight dalayed
OK I am trying to get to DEN for the awards dinner etc... All good to great. Denny wanted me to say we are at $5,655 in donations. I tip a beer to you all.

David