[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Subscribe
So .... I know many talked about the somewhat BS offer of "100K BA card" but there you had to spend a whole lot of money to get the remaining 50K to total to 100K.

There is another offer and it's easy to get. It's right at BA.com

Offer is .... Get 50K miles on 1st purchase, pay the $75 fee. Then on 1 yr anniversary get the other 50K at $75 fee. So .... 100K and $150 fee.

How to get the offer????

Go to BA.com and do a dummy booking. Fill all the BS info as if you're purchasing the ticket. Hit submit and on the Step 5 (Payment) ... you'll see the offer.

P.S. I believe you do NOT need to book a flight right away .... so, double check please.

P.P.S. .......... looks like you do have to purchase a ticket with that card. Trying see if there is a cheap flight to use for that

EDITED on 4/16 3:40pm EST

More and more people suggesting that they got the card WITHOUT purchasing the flight.

Post #84 (Pucnit) and many others say.....

"I can confirm that you DO NOT have to purchase a ticket for this deal.

Go to BA.com and look for a refundable oneway fare NYC-LHR. ($1400ish)
Enter in information till the Payment screen.
Receive offer and apply.
Approved, Rejected, Pending Review stop there and don't continue to confirm the ticket purchase.
If you are flagged for additional review call, the numbers listed below and try to get them to approve you.

I was flagged pending review when I applied and I had to call twice to get approval. The first call the woman rejected me for to many credit inquires and the second call the guy I spoke approved me.
"

Post #54 (amybd)

"You get the prompt asking you if you want to apply or pay with an existing card. You click apply, proceed to application, fill out the application screen, apply and then stop. There is nothing in the application approving the purchase. The application gets approved/denied regardless of whether you go back and finish the purchase or not."
Wow, looks good! I noticed that I got it only IF I booked without logging into my BA account. Not sure if that was the case with you.

However, it does look like you need to book a ticket on BA at the time of application in order for it to go through.
so now I am thinking that even if you do not need a flight right now ... might book something really cheap with hopes of using it later on or just lose it. 100K is a good thing without having a need to spend 20K-30K to get it
Quote: ... $75 fee...
I did not see the offer at the payment stage, but I believe the annual fee for this card is now $95.
Saw the offer at the payment page. It does seem as if you have to buy a ticket with ba.com to get to apply. There's no way to get the offer without the ticket. If I needed a ticket that they provide, I'd apply though.
Quote: So .... I know many talked about the somewhat BS offer of "100K BA card" but there you had to spend a whole lot of money to get the remaining 50K to total to 100K.

There is another offer and it's easy to get. It's right at BA.com

Offer is .... Get 50K miles on 1st purchase, pay the $75 fee. Then on 1 yr anniversary get the other 50K at $75 fee. So .... 100K and $150 fee.

How to get the offer????

Go to BA.com and do a dummy booking. Fill all the BS info as if you're purchasing the ticket. Hit submit and on the Step 5 (Payment) ... you'll see the offer.

P.S. I believe you do NOT need to book a flight right away .... so, double check please.

P.P.S. .......... looks like you do have to purchase a ticket with that card. Trying see if there is a cheap flight to use for that
IIRC, this strategy has been reported by millionmilesecrets on his blog before. But it's a great option if you don't mind paying $150. This offer has been there for a long time so I think it is an ongoing offer. For now, I personally would rather wait to see if Chase might come up with a real limited time 100K offer with a lower spend similar to the one from last year with $2,500 minimum spend. I wouldn't mind even if they increase it to $5K spend and will even consider it for a 10K spend but not 20K for the full 100K miles.
Quote: I did not see the offer at the payment stage, but I believe the annual fee for this card is now $95.

MIA .... I double checked on this. They show $75. I was also surprised.
I guess you can always book a full-fare refundable ticket to get the app to process.
Quote: MIA .... I double checked on this. They show $75. I was also surprised.
Now that the offer potentially will get a higher exposure on FT than on Millionmilesecrets, I hope this doesn't kill the offer with Chase taking it away or get the annual fee changed to $95.
Don't you also get 24 hour cancel? Apply, pay for ticket, cancel ticket?
Great. This is better for your credit score. And Chase will be wowed when I want to pay the annual fee
I think you've gone to far if your paying for a ticket. Though i did have to put in my email and name and stuff...
I did NYC - LHR and it showed up at the very end, Payment.
Tried it with an intra-Europe flight, but the offer doesn't come up. It did come up when searching for a PHL-LHR flight though. So no cheap European flights to take advantage of with this offer
How thorough was your test? Did you try UK-UK, for example?

Arrggh - is everyone pounding their system now? Soooo slooow....

Quote: Tried it with an intra-Europe flight, but the offer doesn't come up. It did come up when searching for a PHL-LHR flight though. So no cheap European flights to take advantage of with this offer
I got it to come up whether I was logged into my account or not. I was planning to apply anyway, but I'm tempted to get this one just for the lower annual fee (and lower spending, but I was going to try for the companion ticket next year anyway, so it's about a wash).