Which hotel in Tallinn ?

Subscribe
Seen there are 3 to choose from
Park Hotel
Radisson Olumpia
Radisson Blu Tallinn Centre

big variations in redemption values ( 9k to 28k )

anyone experience of the Tallinn ones ?
Quote: Seen there are 3 to choose from
Park Hotel
Radisson Olumpia
Radisson Blu Tallinn Centre

big variations in redemption values ( 9k to 28k )

anyone experience of the Tallinn ones ?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...25&zfb_125=125
Quote: http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...25&zfb_125=125
thanks for that, its for 4 or 5 days, may also take in a day at Helsinki

Not sure it helps though, seems they all have strengths
Which hotel is closest to the Old Town? It's been some years since I've been to Tallinn, but we found all of our time centered on the Old Town.
Park Inn is cheap and crappy 3star close to Old Town. Blu City Centre is closer to the Old Town, but I think Olympia was renovated later. I personally would skip all of them and choose Swissotel. Or Telegraaf in Old Town if you want to be close to nightlife and cruise tourist hordes.
All of them are about 5-10 minutes walking distance apart and about 4-8 min walking from Old Town. Central is nothing to write home about and not very classy, but in a quiet spot and some of their more expensive rooms have big balconies. Olympia was once highest building on Tallinn (it was built for Olympics back in 1980) and has still certain charm, while Blue City Center has nice lounge (and open terrace) with unbeatable views on the highest floor.
does the Park inn include free breakfast?
Quote: does the Park inn include free breakfast?
Yes, but it is below usual Park Inn standard.
Both are OK but nothing more. Blu city centre - older rooms, a few steps closer to the centre.

Olümpia - larger, nice staff, pool, rooms smallish but a bit newer.

Park Inn used to be an express type property and in a way still is, but the closest to old town of the three. Usually very cheap.

Swissotel is good, Schlössle would get my vote.
have points to use up... still debating between Sky and Olympia
both are almost the same number of points

do both give free breakfast (only the Olympia states this on their website)
how far are both from old town?
how far are both from ferry terminal, walkable?
I am gold level, what are chances of being upgraded in busy season July?
stayed in both quite a few times - both have been recently renovated, sky last year, olümpia a bit earlier. at least in my case, both have offered breakfast

both are walking distance from old town, sky closer to both old town and the ferry terminals. google maps gives the distances 1.4km (sky) and 1.8km (olümpia)

i'm concierge, both always give me upgrades, olümpia either superior or business class, sky a suite every time.

in my opinion, sky is much nicer. olümpia business class rooms are nice, standard and superior pretty small (18sqm vs 30sqm standard rooms at sky).
Quote: have points to use up... still debating between Sky and Olympia
both are almost the same number of points

do both give free breakfast (only the Olympia states this on their website)
how far are both from old town?
how far are both from ferry terminal, walkable?
I am gold level, what are chances of being upgraded in busy season July?
Olympia includes breakfast in all rates. As gold, I have always been upgraded to at least business class in Sky. The upgrade comes with full benefits, including BF. Olympia has a good gym with pool. Sky has none as i recall.
I've stayed at all Radisson properties in Tallinn for multiple times and must say that they are all pretty ok for the price. I've always found Park Inn's breakfast better than expected and the Radissons' breakfasts worse than expected. I think all have always upgraded me (gold) and breakfast has always been included or added for free. When Park Inn still was 9000pts/nite it was very good redemption value, still ok at 15k pts but not a steal. Tallinn center is pretty compact so location-wise there is not that much difference which one you choose. Absolutely walkable from Old Town and Ferry terminal, unless the weather is really bad.
This is a helpful thread, thanks.

Looking at doing a premium redemption. Sky's premium is the same size (30sqm) as regular, Olumpia is 40-50sqm vs. 21 to 30.

Given that Olumpia is less points (42k vs. 57k at Sky for premium redemption), I'm leaning that way unless the Olumpia big room is clearly not as nice as the Sky's big room.

Anyone have further comments on the premium redemption choices?
Quote: When Park Inn still was 9000pts/nite it was very good redemption value, still ok at 15k pts but not a steal.
And going up to 28,000 points next! [Park Inn Tallinn]