Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 7, 2000, 6:41 am
Original Poster

I'm got a short "father-son" vacation with my 9 year old scheduled for the end of August in Orlando. My son is into all things "plane and airport" related. we've been advised to stay a night at the Orlando Airport Hyatt for great plane viewing.

Anybody have any info as to the best room locations to request ?

thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2000, 2:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
There are some nice rooms which have a balcony here from which you can oversee the runway. Other rooms have a veranda but you cannot get to it.

Ask at check-in and unless there's a convention on I'm sure they'll accommodate you. It's not the busiest hotel in the world!
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:35 am

Very convenient, especially if you have a late arriving flight, or an early departing flight.

Fun watching the runway while eating breakfast!
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:46 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Also GREAT pool ... kinda a big overflowing warm tub...
Old Oct 27, 2002, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
I worked at that hotel years ago - actually part of the opening team in 1992 (God, 10 years ago!). This is still one of my favorites - if there is a shuttle launch from the Cape you can see it from Hemispheres and McCoys had some awesome pizzas. There was a great RC when we opened the hotel - but the club was filled with folks paying the government rate (per diem was $57 or so and we had a ton of space/defense contractors staying with us that got the rate) and we were losing money so club had to go.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 2:14 am

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month and it is one of my favorites. The pool is a gigantic overflowing hot tub and its great. The AAA rate I stayed at was $124 for the weekend; the weekday I stayed was a rather pricey $179. If you want to stay at the pool after checking out, but waiting for your flight, and you find your room key no longer gives you access to Floor 6 (the pool), the elevator behind the bell stand will get you there. It is a great place to wait for six or seven hours until your flight departs.
Old May 22, 2004, 11:24 am

I had a one-night stay there on a business trip about 10 days ago. As you may know, the hotel is located inside the airport and is easily accessible after a flight. It's also great for catching an early a.m. flight. Recommend you pick a runway view room rather than an atrium view (unless you enjoy watching the inside of the airport and keeping your curtains shut to have privacy). Unlike many HRs, one of the diamond amenity choices is free breakfast; otherwise no breakfast coupons, even for diamonds. I was offered an upgrade to atrium suite (first time ever in all my stays there), but I declined as I wanted a runway view. My std. room appeared to be getting a little worn out from so much traffic, but overall it's still a fairly nice hotel. On my other visits, my rooms seemed to be in better shape. There is a nice hotel restaurant with great runway views (I've only eaten breakfast there) and a nearby restaurant (McCoy's) which is very good. If you have a car, it's valet parking only. Obviously, this hotel is geared for airport travelers and conferences and is rather isolated, but I suppose you could commute to area attractions since airport is located right off the Bee Line Expressway, which connects to Turnpike, I-4, I-95, etc.
Old May 23, 2004, 7:46 am

I have stayed at the MCO Hyatt about a dozen times in the past year. The hotel is wonderful if you have a flight the next day, but it is inconvenient for anything else. Parking is very expensive and time consuming. The hotel always give an amenity to Diamonds, and with all due respect to RMC500, breakfast certificates are always given in addition to the amenity. Sometimes the desk clerk will use a blank diamond amenity card for the breakfast certs. This is a very nice hotel with a great staff. Diamonds are upgraded to suites or larger corner rooms. The restaurants, both the casual and formal, are very good too. You can stay here with "Stay Certificates", for $135.00 which includes all taxes. Enjoy your stay.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
The hotel is directly in the Orlando Airport and some of the rooms overlook the inside of the terminal. The parking is a major hassle but is excellent if you have a flight going in or out of MCO. You do have access to the airport mall which is quite good.

The hotel does not have a RC, but diamonds are provided with restaurant coupons for breakfast which is quite good.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 8:49 am

Stayed here many times. Rooms are decent and if you are Diamond you will get upgraded to corner room which is bigger and sometimes has separate shower and bath. Restaurants are quite good. The casual rest. McCoy's is reasonably priced for an airport. The upscale rest. Hemisphere's is also good, but a little pricey for dinner. Breakfast buffet in Hemisphere's is good also. Sixth floor has birds in cages in hallway, and pool is outdoors, heated and overlooks runways and gates. Shopping in airport is pricey, but good selection. Florida Mall is about 15 min. away and is very big with great selection. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:44 pm

You will probably prefer an outside (or runway view) room since the others face the inside of the landside terminal and lack privacy. In terms of shopping, you will find the the typical airport shops. Parking is valet only. As others have stated, the restaurants are a cut above the average airport restaurant. The quality of rooms vary, some being nice, others being average and showing their age. The ONLY advantage to staying here is if you are flying in or out of the Orlando airport, or you attending a conference being hosted at the hotel. It is out in the boonies.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I agree and echo the above posts. I prefer a outside room. The interior rooms do lack privacy and you also get noise. Noise from people just milling around below talking echos up into the rooms. You also if I remember correctly have a fountain which goes all night. The last stay at MCO for a CMR I stayed at the Sheraton MCO which was half the price and about five minutes away by their shuttle van. Nice rooms.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Yes, definitely do the outside room. I stayed there last week and while it is pretty to look over the aiirport terminal, I had the wonderful experience of hearing kids yell until 3am when their delayed SWA flight left!!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 8:55 pm
Suspended

I will be at this Hyatt orlando for 4 nights next weekend.

It will be my first time in Orlando. As a diamond, I know that amenity will be a choice of fruit plate,drinks etc. I believe there's no regency club/floor, I'm not so sure.

What do you recommend with the parking/self park?

Last edited by TANBOY90274; Aug 29, 2004 at 9:07 pm
Old Aug 29, 2004, 9:10 pm

You are correct - there is no RC at this property. Breakfast coupons are one of the 3 or 4 choices on the diamond amenity card at checkin (and probably the best choice). Unless you choose this as your amenity, there is no breakfast coupon, even for diamonds. Most guests with automobiles use valet parking, altho I guess you could park in one of the airport parking lots which would be quite expensive and inconvenient.

Last edited by RMC500; Aug 29, 2004 at 9:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.