Canceled flight on RTW?

Subscribe
Hey folks,

I just noticed there was a change in my RTW itinerary, see below:

Instad of F A320, I will be flying F in CRJ7

Is there any chance that they might change it again or this will be final?

Thanks!
Yes it could change again. I'd choose the CR7 over the A320 since the F cabin is a smaller 1-2 configuration than the A320's 2-2. My preferred seat is 2A where there's a smaller chance of people bumping into you compared to 1A.
These things happen.

On the bright side, at least it is a 30 minute inconvenience and not a 30 hour one.
F in the CRJ7 for a ~250 mile flight that's going to last about 45 minutes and barely has enough time at cruise for a drink service? Do you have some phobia about smaller jets or something?

This is exceedingly small potatoes (UA A320 F is not the lap of luxury, and I suspect you'll survive 45 minutes on a regional jet in F with 37 inch pitch in a 2-1 config). And I suspect UA won't undo this; LAS-LAX is a very common route to run regional jets on.
Quote: F in the CRJ7 for a ~250 mile flight that's going to last about 45 minutes and barely has enough time at cruise for a drink service? Do you have some phobia about smaller jets or something?

This is exceedingly small potatoes (UA A320 F is not the lap of luxury, and I suspect you'll survive 45 minutes on a regional jet in F with 37 inch pitch in a 2-1 config). And I suspect UA won't undo this; LAS-LAX is a very common route to run regional jets on.
SU manages to provide full cabin (both C and Y) with hot meal on 1h flight (LED-SVO)...
Quote: SU manages to provide full cabin (both C and Y) with hot meal on 1h flight (LED-SVO)...
So? Good for them. LAS-LAX is about two-thirds the distance of LED-SVO. I've flown it multiple times. There is indeed barely enough time at cruise for a drinks service; you start doing your approach to LAX just as you get over Barstow and come into the LA Basin.

The argument of "USA carriers **** because they won't serve a meal while I'm flying for 45 minutes" is old and tiresome. USA consumers have largely voted with their dollars: on a 45 minute flight, they can live without airplane food that has to be provided at a significant cost premium compared to that same food on the ground (and if they simply MUST have it, they can often pay for a snack separately from the price of the ticket, either on the ground, sometimes in the air, or fly in an F cabin that has a snack basket).
Quote: Do you have some phobia about smaller jets or something?
I don't, my wife to be has issues with small planes The A320 was going to please her much better. We both never flown on anything smaller than A318, not counting Maldivian Air Taxi, lol.
I really wonder why you would care.... a flight this short on a RTW trip, who cares what type of plane they use
And otherwise just drive there. But the thought of having an issue with the size of plane to fly (when you have never flow a "small" plane) and then going on a RTW seems a little silly....
Like others have said as soon as you get to cruising altitude you start to decend into LA. There is always the possibility they could change the equipment again.
Quote: I don't, my wife to be has issues with small planes The A320 was going to please her much better. We both never flown on anything smaller than A318, not counting Maldivian Air Taxi, lol.
Are you staying any length of time in the LA region? You could drop the segment and either drive or buy a one-way Southwest or Jet Blue flight for relatively cheap, if you simply mustn't fly on a small plane. You'd get two free checked bags on Southwest, one on Jet Blue. Yes, you wouldn't be in F (though Jet Blue has extended leg room seats), but on a flight that short, it's hardly needed.

But I think it fairly likely that UA won't change the equipment. LAS-LAX has a ton of capacity (read: loses money for most everyone- coach fares are around $60 for advance purchase right now). Putting a CR7 on the route limits the bleeding for UA.
Quote: Are you staying any length of time in the LA region? You could drop the segment and either drive or buy a one-way Southwest or Jet Blue flight for relatively cheap, if you simply mustn't fly on a small plane. You'd get two free checked bags on Southwest, one on Jet Blue. Yes, you wouldn't be in F (though Jet Blue has extended leg room seats), but on a flight that short, it's hardly needed.

But I think it fairly likely that UA won't change the equipment. LAS-LAX has a ton of capacity (read: loses money for most everyone- coach fares are around $60 for advance purchase right now). Putting a CR7 on the route limits the bleeding for UA.
I never said my wife would die in pain if she gets on board of a small plane, she just doesn't like small planes

All understood. Thank you all!