Best *A Biz/First Class

Subscribe
I'm looking to book an award ticket off UA flying either LHR-NYC or NYC-LHR with any amount of stopovers. What I'm really looking for is the C or F experience, as I practically never fly either of them except when I get enough miles for an award.
So basically, my question is for that route which airline has the best C cabin and lounges, and which has the best F cabin and lounges (lounges probably goes to LH). Also, I need to know if the F is worth the extra 17.5 K because that would take an extra 1/2 year for me to accumulate.
I really want to make this an interesting experience so please voice your opinions
Thanks,
Zoui21
Oh sorry, forgot to mention that I would actually rather have there be a stopover. And I most likely wouldn't be able to get the LH 747 F or SQ A380 if that even flies that route
LX F via Zurich is a good option

Or you can go the other way round, i.e. transcontinental then through pacific ocean and transcontinental US
Quote: I'm looking to book an award ticket off UA flying either LHR-NYC or NYC-LHR with any amount of stopovers. What I'm really looking for is the C or F experience, as I practically never fly either of them except when I get enough miles for an award.
So basically, my question is for that route which airline has the best C cabin and lounges, and which has the best F cabin and lounges (lounges probably goes to LH). Also, I need to know if the F is worth the extra 17.5 K because that would take an extra 1/2 year for me to accumulate.
I really want to make this an interesting experience so please voice your opinions
Thanks,
Zoui21
Can I suggest you do a little research yourself. There are multiple threads about the respective merits of "best" F and C cabins in *A. Here's a sort of master list that covers which airlines have F and C products http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...es-thread.html
There are also multiple threads in the Trip Reports forum that cover LH, LX, SQ, UA, US, OS, LO, SK, TP.
There are also comparative threads (e.g) UA vs. LH vs. LX
If you want a stopover TATL, then you will need to look at the mileage programme which you are using. Each programme has its own rules about the number of stopover(s) allowed on award tickets.
Quote:
Or you can go the other way round, i.e. transcontinental then through pacific ocean and transcontinental US
is this a valid routing on some *A airlines?

would recommend lh or lx first if you can find it
Quote: is this a valid routing on some *A airlines?

would recommend lh or lx first if you can find it
UA/CO is fine with it. I routed through Europe from Asia to the US>
Quote: UA/CO is fine with it. I routed through Europe from Asia to the US>
Yes but I think the op was about london to New York. Think it is far fetchd for them to allow you go Europe-Asia to NYC. I was able to get trans pacific from JNB to States, but told that was a mistake and they don't allow that routing. But yes Asia via Europe is very doable
Quote: LX F via Zurich is a good option

+1 on LX. Minimum connecting time in ZRH is 35 minutes so you barely add any time to your trip. And many options as they fly out of three LON airports via both GVA and ZRH into two NYC airports. Choices, choices, choices...
Yes, F is really worth it.

If I was looking to "maximize" my F experience LHR-JFK, I'd go LHR-FRA-ZRH/GVA-JFK. Overnight in FRA, hit the LH FCT In the morning, to the LX FCL and on to JFK. Unless the caviar is really important to you, in which case you should fly LHR-ZRH-FRA-JFK.