Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA mileage earning rules on Gulf Air / GF (partnership ends 30 Apr 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Gulf Air partnership ending

April 30, 2018, is the last day to fly and earn miles on Gulf Air. All award travel must be booked and ticketed by that date. Travel is valid for 1 year after ticket date but must be flown by April 30, 2019. You won’t be able to make changes to any Gulf Air segments after April 30, 2018.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Global Entry, United Silver

Hello,

I posted this question in the Newbie Lounge but have not been able to get a definitive answer-

I hope someone who has experienced something like this would be able to tell me for sure whether AA would give me Elite Qualifying Miles for a GF-marketed flight (GF codeshare) on AA metal?

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Gulf Air (GF)-marketed flights are only eligible for AAdvantage RDM (redeemable mile) earning and NOT for EQM (elite qualifying mile) earning.

AA.com Gulf Air page: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...es/gulfAir.jsp

Wiki Miles and Points page: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...oints_%28AA%29

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Aug 13, 2012 at 10:28 am Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
According to the FlyerGuide wiki, Alaska/Horizon is the only non-Oneworld partner that allows you to earn AA EQM; thus, you won't earn EQM on a Gulf Air-marketed flight. Operating carrier is irrelevant.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:00 am

AAdvantage miles for Gulf Air / GF

I traveled on Gulf Air back in december but i've been unable to get the mileage credit for it on AA because AA ask for a copy of boarding passes but i don't have those. Is there anyway of getting around this? I'd really like to get credit for it since it's close to 10k miles.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Do you still have the original ticket numbers (not the PNR, the actual ticket numbers)? (Many of us make a practice of retaining boarding passes until miles have posted.)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Do you still have the original ticket numbers (not the PNR, the actual ticket numbers)? (Many of us make a practice of retaining boarding passes until miles have posted.)

I have my original ticket number and i usually keep my boarding passes but i guess i just misplaced them while i was overseas.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JoyRider
I have my original ticket number and i usually keep my boarding passes but i guess i just misplaced them while i was overseas.
You should not need your boarding passes. AFAIK, AA asks for boarding passes because they have the ticket number on them. Let AA know that you have the ticket number, they should not need the boarding passes.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:30 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Two recent threads about AA mileage earning on GF have now been merged and I've added a link to this thread from the wiki Miles and Points page:

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...oints_%28AA%29

Please see summary in Mod Note in the first post.

/Moderator
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
You should not need your boarding passes. AFAIK, AA asks for boarding passes because they have the ticket number on them. Let AA know that you have the ticket number, they should not need the boarding passes.
I think that they want the BPs (in most cases) as proof of actually taking the flight in the cases where their system seems to have misplaced the information (resulting in the request in the first place). I'm not sure that just having the ticket number (which demonstrates purchase, but not travel) would suffice. But definitely give it a try.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
I think that they want the BPs (in most cases) as proof of actually taking the flight in the cases where their system seems to have misplaced the information (resulting in the request in the first place). I'm not sure that just having the ticket number (which demonstrates purchase, but not travel) would suffice. But definitely give it a try.

Cheers.
Perhaps, except that having a BP is not proof of actually taking the flight, is it? OLCI BP is proof of having checked in from home. Flimsy paper boarding pass is proof of having visited the airport kiosk. Cardboard boarding pass is proof of having checked in at the gate. I don't think any of the above require you to clear security, go to the gate, and get on the plane.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
The thing is that i've received credit for my AA portion of the flights. Shouldn't that be enough evidence that i actually did take the flight on the other airline as well. I think i'll try calling once again.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Do all GF routes qualify for RDM'''s or only those between US and BAH?

I have read the Aadvantage page but it unclear to me.

From AA.com

''Earn AAdvantage miles when you fly on Gulf Air marketed and operated flights as well as Gulf Air codeshare flights operated by American Airlines. Simply:

◾Buy an eligible published fare ticket booked in an eligible code
◾Fly an eligible route between the U.S. and Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha, Qatar, Kuwait and Muscat, Oman. ''

Cheers
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jakpot
Do all GF routes qualify for RDM'''s or only those between US and BAH?
I've seen this question in other threads too, but never answered. aa.com has completely contradictory information under "Regions" and "Earn Miles". Does anyone know which is correct?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PE, UA S, Ritz Plat.
Looking at a GF ticket with GF flight numbers r/t DEN-ORD-LHR-BAH which is operated AA/AA/GF for June/Aug 2018. This is after the AA/GF partnership ends. Will I be able to earn on the AA operated flights? And will this include PQM/PQD?
Thks all
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bruceniven
Looking at a GF ticket with GF flight numbers r/t DEN-ORD-LHR-BAH which is operated AA/AA/GF for June/Aug 2018. This is after the AA/GF partnership ends. Will I be able to earn on the AA operated flights? And will this include PQM/PQD?
Thks all
If the AA flights are AA marketed, yes, inckuding EQ Miles, Dollars and Segments. If they’re priorvto May 1, on Gulf marketed and flights only award miles, no EQ anything. And if they are GF marketed, not a chance after 30 April. Also note, even before the partnership ends:

Regions

Earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Gulf Air within the Middle East, and between the Middle East and:
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe

(nothing here about earning ex- or to North America)

Earn miles

To earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Gulf Air marketed and operated flights as well as Gulf Air codeshare flights operated by American Airlines:

Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code
Fly an eligible route
Specific flights, routes or cities that are excluded from earning miles or award travel are listed as exceptions if applicable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.