20% less for JPMiles redemptions

Subscribe
Jet Airways (9W) announced today that they will run promotion for their JetPrivilege members until Sep 30 2012 (travel until that day) - 20% less miles required.

I have checked few different routes and these discounts are already in the system. I think this is really good deal for these, who collect miles on 9W.

More details here http://www.jetairways.com/Newsletter...PRW_Mar12.html
But still no improvement on seat availability.
Quote: But still no improvement on seat availability.
you mean premium cabin seat availibility
already posted here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...d-members.html
And Jet does it again. Just when it looks like they throw us a bone they take it away... so the 20% discount was showing for all flights online albeit with very limited availability. Now, just as I see flights for dates I want I get a quote of the 94000 miles for EWR-BRU-MAA, vs the 75,200 I was getting yesterday. Call the JPSC and I am told that the discount is only on domestic flights not international. So the lucky ones who got away making redemptions on those flights - congrats... JP is becoming more and more of a joke of a loyalty program.
Quote: And Jet does it again. Just when it looks like they throw us a bone they take it away... so the 20% discount was showing for all flights online albeit with very limited availability. Now, just as I see flights for dates I want I get a quote of the 94000 miles for EWR-BRU-MAA, vs the 75,200 I was getting yesterday. Call the JPSC and I am told that the discount is only on domestic flights not international. So the lucky ones who got away making redemptions on those flights - congrats... JP is becoming more and more of a joke of a loyalty program.
this is just unfortunate....
Are they getting tired of 9W folks using miles on partners? Its like cash walking out of the door.
Quote: Are they getting tired of 9W folks using miles on partners? Its like cash walking out of the door.
I honestly think that Gaurang Shetty, Rahul Kucheria and the people in charge of JP are a bunch of egotistical dinosaurs. When they were asked by a senior airport manager as to why they keep getting so many complaints for passengers about JP redemptions, Shetty replied that 9W Revenue management is as sophisticated and based on the same model as British Airways. As a GGL with BA for 3 years and someone who has earned over 2.5 million miles with them (currently 1.5million in the bank), I can assure 9W that they are so far from the truth with that it’s not even funny. Up until now 9W had an excellent onboard product that partially made up for the awful JP program. However with service cutbacks getting worse by the minute – I am opting yet again to move elsewhere with my international business and let them enjoy their full service domestic monopoly…
Quote: I am opting yet again to move elsewhere with my international business and let them enjoy their full service domestic monopoly…
They don't have a full service domestic monopoly...
Quote: They don't have a full service domestic monopoly...
they pretty much do....its evident in the fares they are charging in business class....they are 50% more than what you would get on ai....the reason behind this is that an average business traveler will not buy a business class ticket on ai....most of the people you see in business class on ai are either government officials or people who have received some sort of an upgrade....all the paying business class passenger are on 9w these days....
Quote: they pretty much do....its evident in the fares they are charging in business class....they are 50% more than what you would get on ai....the reason behind this is that an average business traveler will not buy a business class ticket on ai....most of the people you see in business class on ai are either government officials or people who have received some sort of an upgrade....all the paying business class passenger are on 9w these days....
+1. A friend of mine flies AI Business for all personal trips, not as a paid passenger, but using a family pass - since his father was working as a Manager in IC. Every single trip he manages to get some J availability, even in busy Metro routes.
Quote: +1. A friend of mine flies AI Business for all personal trips, not as a paid passenger, but using a family pass - since his father was working as a Manager in IC. Every single trip he manages to get some J availability, even in busy Metro routes.
that's just the way it is....my firm, as well as all the other firms i know, have a policy about only flying jet & kingfisher....ai is only to be taken if either one of these airlines are not available, no matter what the price....
Jet Airways officially confirmed on Twitter that the 20% discount offer is valid only for domestic redemptions . Matter closed. however, the official terms of the offer don't state this
Quote: Jet Airways officially confirmed on Twitter that the 20% discount offer is valid only for domestic redemptions . Matter closed. however, the official terms of the offer don't state this
i guess they will change it at some point in time....its just bad business to offer something & then take it away....
Quote: They don't have a full service domestic monopoly...
just got off a domestic business class flight on ai....here are some observations:

the flight was delayed by 20 minutes & was showing up on the screen but when i asked the check-in agent if the flight was on time then she said it was....

while checking in there were 2 people checking in at the counter next to me....one indian & another foreigner....the indian kept singing praises to the other about how great ai is & how underrated it is....he went as far as to say that ai was the best airline in the world....pvdtodel, that wasn't you by any chance was it????

ai is using the cafe coffee day as a lounge & the buffet spread is one of the worst i have ever seen in my life....food was bad, hot items were warm & cold items were warm as well....

no one came by to announce boarding so when there were 20 minutes left i proceeded to the gate myself....while walking to the gate there was a final boarding announcement for my flight....when i got to the gate it turned out that they would not be boarding for another 20 minutes....

boarding went well....they boarded the business class & wheelchair passengers first....

i got to my regular 2c seat & my foot rest was not working properly....it was too loose so it wouldn't stay in one position....the moment i put my leg on it, it would fall back on the ground....i guess i should consider myself lucky since my fellow passenger didn't even have a foot rest at his seat....

the seat in front of me was being held together with the help of duct tape....

i was offered juice before takeoff which was chilled & well presented....

the food service was very good & the food was very tasty....this is one area where i always praise ai....the presentation was also good....it was not brought out in individual portions but served buffet style....

rest of the flight was uneventful....

i will however point out that there were about 8 passengers in business class....besides me & another passenger, i don't think any of the others payed for their business class tickets....looks can be deceiving but about 3-4 looked like government officials either flying for free or having got a free upgrade....i heard the 2 ladies sitting behind me tell the air hostess how their husbands work for ai & how they always get to fly in business class for free....

the only reason i took this flight is because my kingfisher flight kept getting delayed & i didn't want to risk it getting cancelled....the next available flight was ai....

so once again, i definitely think, at the moment, jet has a monopoly as the sole full service carrier....kingfisher is too unreliable at the moment & ai does not have paying passengers in business to challenge jet....