Second Night Free Coupon

Subscribe
I have one of the Second night free coupons sent out in the AA elite packets. Some restrictions, but if anyone wants it, let me know and I will mail it out.
Or, you could always save the postage and print your own:
http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/c..._freenight.gif
Gee thanks Upgrade Me. It is always so great to hear from you. Especially because you didn't just post another link to another FT page as you normally do.
You don't need to print out a coupon....just book it online. I did one of these this week, there was no request for a coupon. I think this promo runs through January.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zipual:
...Some restrictions, but....</font>
Is this offer really interesting ?

(I do not mean the coupon, no offense, zipual , I mean the second night free. I understand tat the first night is full fare, which is often very expensive.)

As I have heard that the rack rate at HI sometimes isn't too much more than the corporate rate, I thought it might be useful. I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zipual:
As I have heard that the rack rate at HI sometimes isn't too much more than the corporate rate, I thought it might be useful. I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.</font>
My stay this week was at the rack rate, $110 (with second night free). I'd have paid $80 at the corporate rate.......a pretty good savings.

You have to check both rates and make a decision based upon the savings. Not all hotels offer the second night free deal either.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
I'd have paid $80 at the corporate rate.......a pretty good savings.</font>
Make sense on this example.

Thanks !
Quote:
..... I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.</font>

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the original listing. Even as an HI plat there are new things I learn from time to time. We all have different levels of expertise.

Anyway though, good post.

HIs have had this promo for a couple of years now. For some reason, this promo is not always highlighted on the PC site. But ads run in a lot of travel magazines and weekend newspaper sections to promote it. This can be a good deal during the week, but weekend rates are generally a lot less and can often be had for Thursdays as well as Fridays and Saturdays, so an end of week stay may be cheaper NOT using these certificates.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
Make sense on this example.

Thanks !
</font>
Mon ami:

$110 for two nights
$80 for one night (times two equals $160)

I saved $50 for the two night stay.

Comprende?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
Comprende?</font>
HPTunco, sorry for my poor english.

I meant 'It makes sense on this example, thank you for the example and the calculation.'
The result was obvious. It demonstrate that this offer is sometimes really interesting

Sorry again

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
HPTunco, sorry for my poor english.

I meant 'It makes sense on this example, thank you for the example and the calculation.'
The result was obvious. It demonstrate that this offer is sometimes really interesting

Sorry again

</font>
Bienvenue Monsieur!
I used this option again this week...but the desk clerk wasn't going to check me in without this coupon! I told him that I've booked this promo several times and never presented a coupon.

I had to go to my room, and fax the confirmation EMAIL that I had from HI in order to receive the rate.

I guess the coupon thing is techically required, although most apparently done collect it.

This week.....$85 per night normal corporate rate.....paid $110 for one night with the second night FREE ($55 average per night).

The other neat thing about this is that they don't show the second night, therefore you don't get hit with local taxes or surcharges for two nights, only one!
The last time I used one of these certificates was in Fort Worth, Texas. The rate was $79, with the second night free. Quite a nice deal. I've also successfully used the coupons in small markets, where Holiday Inn is often the best hotel in town.