Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Encouraged by today's Miles&More court ruling - should we follow suit?

Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze

Dear FTers, I feel encouraged by today's court ruling which declared illegal the short notice with which Miles&More increased mileage requirements as of 1 January 2012 (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post18211637) The German court said that LH were well within their rights to increase the "price" of long-haul business redemptions but should have given at least four months' notice (rather than one).

I am tempted to challenge the legality of FB's April 09 changes but two things made me think twice:
1. The Miles&More ruling said four months' notice would have been required, but another court might find three months are enough (and FB did announce the changes almost three months before they came into effect).
2. Any claims I may have had in theory may have lapsed in the three years since April 2009.

What do you think? What are my chances of success in the light of today's Miles&More ruling?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by planestupid
Dear FTers, I feel encouraged by today's court ruling which declared illegal the short notice with which Miles&More increased mileage requirements as of 1 January 2012 (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post18211637) The German court said that LH were well within their rights to increase the "price" of long-haul business redemptions but should have given at least four months' notice (rather than one).

I am tempted to challenge the legality of FB's April 09 changes but two things made me think twice:
1. The Miles&More ruling said four months' notice would have been required, but another court might find three months are enough (and FB did announce the changes almost three months before they came into effect).
2. Any claims I may have had in theory may have lapsed in the three years since April 2009.

What do you think? What are my chances of success in the light of today's Miles&More ruling?
Challenging the AF/KL FFP in Germany is an issue for experts in the German legal framework and case law. Personally, I am afraid I have no idea.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
4 months notice for mileage increases seems only fair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.