St Patricks Day in Boston

Subscribe
Hey Everyone,

Me and a few friends are planning of flying up Friday and returning Sunday for the weekend festivities in Boston for St Patrick's Day but I had a few questions.

The first, where is a good place to stay up there? There is probably going to be around 5 of us and we haven't booked a hotel yet

and the second are there any special Boston only things to do over St Patrick's day in Boston other than the parade?

It should be a great time up there, thanks for the help

Dave
Quote: Hey Everyone,

Me and a few friends are planning of flying up Friday and returning Sunday for the weekend festivities in Boston for St Patrick's Day but I had a few questions.

The first, where is a good place to stay up there? There is probably going to be around 5 of us and we haven't booked a hotel yet

and the second are there any special Boston only things to do over St Patrick's day in Boston other than the parade?

It should be a great time up there, thanks for the help

Dave
Here's some info about the parade and other events.

In the city, other than the parade, the only special thing that weekend is going to bars and drinking heavily.

Which isn't much different from what we do most weekends.

Where to stay depends on what else you want to do, or how easily you want to get to the parade itself.
Avoid Broadway for the parade, unless you like crowds. The sidewalks are not wide and it's pretty much impassable for hours before and after. Look into Thomas Park (between Broadway and G St.) It'll still be a bit crowded, but the park is a hill with the parade route going in a circle around it. Best view, IMHO. Parking will be a nightmare anywhere you go, so best of luck. I strongly recommend the T.
If you will be into drinking festivities, you will want to find an Irish bar you like early and stay there. It is not a day/night to expect to bar hop the Irish places. BU is not in session, but I think most of the colleges are, so it will be crazy.
Thanks everyone for the help,

looks like we're staying at the Embassy Suites near Logan and taking the train in. This weekend for us is a drink heavily and hopefully not make too many bad decisions.

any one know of any really good bar specials or hole in the wall or dive bars to head to when we are up there?

Dave
looks like we're staying at the Embassy Suites near Logan and taking the train in. [/QUOTE]

I would strongly recommend reconsidering if you can find another hotel for not too much more.

1) You will need to take a shuttle bus to the blue line station (or terminal to catch the silver line), then from there likely transfer to another line since the blue and silver lines only go to the center of downtown and not back bay or other neighborhoods

2) The T only runs until around midnight. Taking a cab back to the hotel can be pricey ($30+) due to a hefty tunnel toll.

3) Nothing within walking distance (which you probably already knew)

EDIT: You *might* be able to walk to the blue line, but I'm not 100% sure
South Boston would be a great place to stay for St. Patty's. It has the best Irish pubs in town and the most Irish Americans.