[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Subscribe
Quote: nope. I went with open forum shaming instead
So what's the status of your BRG claim?
Quote: So what's the status of your BRG claim?
approved - I posted the approval letter a few posts back. ^
Quote: approved - I posted the approval letter a few posts back. ^
Congrats! Did you do anything differently when you file a claim this time?
Quote: Congrats! Did you do anything differently when you file a claim this time?
Yes I did. I posted the BRG hotel, rate, date, and competing site detail on here and on their facebook page the exact same time I submitted the claim.
Quote: Yes I did. I posted the BRG hotel, rate, date, and competing site detail on here and on their facebook page the exact same time I submitted the claim.
Good job! I think they probably pre-approved you when they saw your post

I might do the same when I need to file a claim in Arizona

Thanks for letting me know ^
Quote: Good job! I think they probably pre-approved you when they saw your post

I might do the same when I need to file a claim in Arizona

Thanks for letting me know ^
Getting in on the "shaming" trend.
Yup = please do the same, lets see what happens.
After much effort, I finally managed a BRG success.

First, tried Quality Inn Buffalo Airport to a site that had a lower price, but only let me cancel until noon the previous day, not 4 PM. Booked one king bed, and that disappeared from the 3rd party site before they checked, so booked two queens was rejected for the 4 hour difference.

Then (a week later, after canceling my Choice reservation) found the king bed cheaper on booking.com, booked and submitted again, and the king bed disappeared from booking.com an hour later, again before they checked my claim.

Finally, found two queen bed room at Rodeway Inn Amherst (10 miles away), again on booking.com, for $5 cheaper than Choice. Booked, submitted claim, approved. Two rooms, too, free for the one night, after coming back from Cooperstown before flying out early the next morning.

Got my confirmation email at 5:30 PM. Now, at 8:30 PM, booking.com shows no availability. Glad someone was working late. Edit: actually, I can't find any availability on any dates for that hotel on booking.com anymore. Maybe Choice pulled it?
How many free nights?
Quote: Still remember the premature termination of their BRG free room offer in late November? This offer comes again!

Here are some highlight of the terms and conditions.

- Minimum difference required: US$1 (or equivalent in other currencies).
- Same currency: The lower rate offered by the third-party website must be quoted and priced in the same currency as listed on a Choice branded website.
- Time of claim: Within 24 hours from the booking time and at least 72 hours from 6pm of the date of arrival.
- Method to claim: Submit a claim form and will be contacted in 48 hours.
- Offer if approved: First night free and rate for subsequent nights is matched.

There are some common restrictions:
- Publicly available rate only: No negotiated rate, membership rate, opaque rate, etc.
- No first night free but only a price match if a lower rate is available on a Choice branded website than the rate on the third-party website.

Enjoy!

The T&Cs say:

Quote:
4. Free Night Limit: one (1) free night per household for any thirty day period between Booking check-in dates.
- The limit is in reference to one (1) free night per CRS confirmation number which may include up to 9 individual guest rooms. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 night. The 1st night of stay for each of the 6 rooms is free with the remaining 4 nights at the advertised lower rate for each room)

What, if they approve today (September) a booking for November? Will I be allowed to submit a new claim after one month from now on or one month from the check-out in November?
Quote: The T&Cs say:

What, if they approve today (September) a booking for November? Will I be allowed to submit a new claim after one month from now on or one month from the check-out in November?
I believe you can submit the claim whenever you want. What matters is that there are 30 days between check-in dates.
Good first impression
I never booked with Choice Hotels before because they closed my account for an unknown reason. Submitted yesterday a claim for Beijing and was approved. I am impressed. Hope that this was not only a good first impression ^
I was successful for One Night Stay Baton Rouge, La. It is only a Sleep INN.
I got it on the first attempt. From time of Booking and approval was within 24 hours.
I was turned down by their "same cancellation policy" rule.

When they say "same", they really mean "exactly the same". They gonna turn you down even the competing website has a lower rate with a much looser cancellation policy.

Example:
Competing website requires to cancel 2 days before date of arrival.
choicehotels.com requires to cancel 7 days before arrival.

Guess what, that's not a valid claim because they are not the same!

How rude!!
That sounds not fair. The BBB might be your next step!
Quote: That sounds not fair. The BBB might be your next step!
I respectfully disagree.

They made the rules, we agree to them when we file a BRG. It is pretty clear that the rate has to be less and cancellation terms have to be identical - not identical or better. @:-)

Granted, it is a stupid term and defeats the "spirit" of the BRG, but whatever - it's their game and they don't intend - quite obviously- to honor the "spirit" of the BRG.
Some agree and some disagree, that's how it is. I would still open a case with the BBB if I was the OP