New Shuttle Bus at BOS (Terminal A-C)

Subscribe
Last time I was at the BOS United Club earlier this month, the agent mentioned that they were going to start a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C on the secure side. She mentioned that they already had the busses and would start the service in mid-February.

Can anyone confirm that this has started? It would be great to have this connection until UA/MASSPORT can finally figure out what to do about consolidating BOS. Also, I like the UC in Terminal A much more than the one in C, but usually find myself flying out on PMUA in C.
I arrived at C yesterday and thought I saw a sign near the exit. I'm departing from A later this week and I'll check further.

This would be awesome if it were convenient enough since I have SC access but find myself on B6 a bit these days.
Talked to someone today about this...should be up and running now/within the week
nice!
Just used the shuttle. I arrived at C and needed to transfer to B, and the walk from C to B (US side) is so insanely long, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and do a little research for everyone else on FlyerTalk and also shorten my walking time to B (A-B feels like half the distance as C-B.)

The bus departs from a small, almost unmarked area near the CSC just before the UC entrance. There is a small set of stanchions against the wall; one of the stanchions has a small placard above it that says, "Wait here for the shuttle to terminal A." I missed the sign at first, so I ducked into the club and asked the attendant if there was a shuttle to terminal A. She told me where it was and then said she would call the driver. Good thing she did, because there was no one at the CSC, and it didn't look like anyone was paying attention to the shuttle waiting area.

A couple minutes later, a guy walked up and opened the door for me and led me downstairs to board the shuttle. Note that he did ask me for a boarding pass; I stammered for a second and told him I only have a boarding pass for terminal B, but I was meeting a friend in the United Club in terminal A. He said that's fine; he just needed to see a boarding pass. I showed him my pass for the B concourse, and he whisked me through with no problems. The shuttle was already waiting at the door downstairs, so it definitely seems like it's on-demand. It's pretty quick, in any case, since it doesn't seem to be heavily used (given that probably not many people connect in BOS) and is a short ride anyway.

A few minutes later, we arrived at terminal A down at the end of the long lower hallway for the RJs (gates A9-A12). Another attendant then led me upstairs to the main part of A, where I exited security (after making sure he wasn't watching ) and walked to B, arriving 5 minutes later. Total time: probably 9 minutes versus what feels like a 15-minute walk from C.

I didn't notice where you are supposed to wait in A for the shuttle, but I'd assume its somewhere near the A9-A12 gate area.
Quote: I didn't notice where you are supposed to wait in A for the shuttle, but I'd assume its somewhere near the A9-A12 gate area.
Took the A-C route last night. The waiting area is directly to the left of the 9-12 podium. It's a 4 seat pen with a small sign on a stanchion. I was originally told by an AirServ person to wait as the driver would be right back. 10 Minutes later I sought out a UA GA who called for the shuttle.

AS noted, it's not a quick ride. Allow plenty of time for the transfer to happen. At least 15 minutes. 20 to be comfortable. There goes my plans to use the SkyClub while waiting for JetBlue flights!
Has anyone used this recently? I have a 40 min connection time and need to get from Terminal C to Terminal A. Is that enough time to use this shuttle?
Quote: Has anyone used this recently? I have a 40 min connection time and need to get from Terminal C to Terminal A. Is that enough time to use this shuttle?
Since this is an airside shuttle, my guess is that it's operated by United, so you might have better luck posting in the UA forum.

Note, however, that UA is consolidating its operations in Terminal B in the near future (April 30?). When are you traveling?

Finally, even if you have to depart the secure area and ride the MassPort shuttle, 40 minutes should be plenty of time.
Can someone tell me how I can get from terminal A at BOS to Terminal B ( for Air Canada)? Is it walkable? I looked at the map and it seems i have to pass through the parking garage.
Quote: Can someone tell me how I can get from terminal A at BOS to Terminal B ( for Air Canada)? Is it walkable? I looked at the map and it seems i have to pass through the parking garage.
A to B? They're right next to each other. Look at the map again and zoom way in. There's an elevated walkway leaving the right (northeast) corner of A. It goes a short way (100-ish feet) and then joins another (wider) elevated walkway. Turn right at that junction, walk another short bit (200 feet), down some stairs, and you're at B West (where AC is).

Note that it's landside. There are no airside connections between any of the terminals at BOS (aside from the shuttle named in the title of this thread).

ETA: Here's a map that shows the terminals and walkways: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ma...logan_airport/
Quote: Finally, even if you have to depart the secure area and ride the MassPort shuttle, 40 minutes should be plenty of time.
I can't imagine trying to get off the plane, down the hallway to baggage claim, on to a shuttle to A baggage claim (which runs through E first, I believe) back upstairs to A departures, through A security, and to the gate in 25 minutes (since you must be at the gate 15 minutes before posted flight time or they can give your seat away). Better get a seat near the front and not be on an RJ and have to gate check.

The airside shuttle would be almost a necessity in this case. Fortunately, it's right in the middle of the C gates.
I'm assuming that with the new part of Terminal B opening, this is no longer running? I have a 9K -> AS connection that I wouldn't complain about being able to stay airside for.
Quote: I'm assuming that with the new part of Terminal B opening, this is no longer running? I have a 9K -> AS connection that I wouldn't complain about being able to stay airside for.
I would be shocked if it was still going.