Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Brief summary of posting times.

Airlines
  • Adria Airways: 5 days.
  • Aegean Airlines: 0 - 4 days (if upgrade voucher used, 0-17 days).
  • Air Canada: 2 - 5 days.
  • Air China: 3 - 9 days.
  • Air India: 1 day.
  • Air New Zealand: 2 - 4 days.
  • All Nippon Airways: 1- 7 days.
  • Asiana Airlines: 5 days.
  • Austrian Airlines: 1 - 9 working days
  • Avianca (Brazil): 1 - 10 days
  • Brussels Airlines: 8 days
  • Copa: 2-3 days
  • Croatia Airlines: 2 days
  • egyptair 7 days
  • Ethiopian: 1 - 5 days
  • EVA Airways: 2 - 6 days
  • LOT Polish Airlines: 1 - 2 days
  • Lufthansa: 1 - 8 days.
  • Scandinavian Airlines: 2 - 7 days (normally 2 - 3 from hubs, longer from outstations).
  • Shenzhen Airlines: 3 days
  • Singapore Airlines: 3 - 6 days.
  • South African: 2 - 4 days
  • Swiss International Air Lines: 1 - 6 days.
  • TAP: 2 days
  • Thai Airways: 2 - 4 days.
  • Turkish Airlines: 3 - 5 days.
  • United: 2 - 7 days

Hotels
  • booking.com: 5 - 7 days after hotel check-out

On-board duty free shopping on A3 flights
  • Around 3 weeks

Greek Airport Duty-Free shops
  • 2-3 days

Heathrow Rewards
  • Around 22 days

Car Rental
  • hertz 2 weeks
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G

Hi all,
Any indication/experience on the 'normal' time for Star Alliance partner airlines to post into Miles and Bonus account?
Miles and Bonus 'virgin': flew BMI's LHR - RAK in C last Friday, Feb 17th: nothing posted so far; when should I get worried?
Have a few C bookings coming up over next couple of weeks, hence my slight concern.
Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think it comes down to how quick the carrier is in their posting, not so much A3. So it will differ between the *A partners.

Even if A3 usually post their own miles in a day or two, I wouldn't be worried in your case. If you your BP showed A3 and you were in a fare class that earns, it will (almost) always work. Wait 2 weeks, and if till no sign, then file a retro claim.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
For most of my flights the posting occur within 3-4 days. But it depends on how good the reporting airline is. Usually coming from a bigger station it seems to be a little faster than smaller stations, but I did not make any scientific examination of this factor.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:02 pm

Normally within a week is my experience.

For retro claim well...I claimed 6 weeks ago for a flight, still nothing. Claimed it again 2 weeks ago. Nothing.
So now I've tried again to see if it works.

When I've emailed their customer service it's usually taken around 3 weeks for them to reply.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:29 am
Original Poster

thanks guys (and girls)!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:42 am

how long would you wait before retro claim? the outbound flight was credited within three days, my return flight was 1 1/2 weeks ago and nothing has posted on my m&b account so far. all flights were on ac.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
My NZ flights posted in 2 days.. And i have noticed something about retro claim..... My miles always get posted at the end of month, not sure if others experienced the same.... No matter I claimed on the 24th or 5th of the calendar month, it always showed up on the 30th or 31th..... I made another claim on the 1st of Feb, and I'm still waiting... If my theory is correct it will show up on the 29th.... Will wait and see
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midnightflight
how long would you wait before retro claim? the outbound flight was credited within three days, my return flight was 1 1/2 weeks ago and nothing has posted on my m&b account so far. all flights were on ac.
emailed M&B customer service and here's what they say:

'In reply to your request we would like to inform you that according to the procedures each Star Alliance flight should be credited at least 14 days at the relevant account. If this period ends the members should follow the retro claim procedure'
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Outbound (BMI) flight posted in 7 days: it does, as you say, depend on the airline but seeing the very first miles coming into M&B account is heart-gladening
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ozon78
emailed M&B customer service and here's what they say:

'In reply to your request we would like to inform you that according to the procedures each Star Alliance flight should be credited at least 14 days at the relevant account. If this period ends the members should follow the retro claim procedure'
great, thank you for this information, ozon78! ^ then i´ll wait a few more days before retroclaim.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
For me it was an average of 4 days +/- 3 days based on carriers. LH and LX took some 3 days. UA and CO if I recall took about a week.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Been watching my account for first miles to post (from Air NZ return flights to Beijing). They posted in a week. Phew.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:50 pm

Flew TG on 22 Feb., posted by 26 Feb on Aegean M+B account.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
I hate the fact that there is no tool to monitor your retro claim. You do not even get a notification on whether this has been rejected or accepted (if weeks pass and miles go uncredited, you just have to assume that they were not credited).
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: A3*G
Almost exact same situation for me. I flew LHR-AGA (Q) on bmi Feb 11, return RAK-LHR (E) Feb 18. Nothing posted the week after either flight so I put in a mileage claim on the M&B website. A few days later (not sure if it was due to the claim or not) the RAK-LHR flight credited but nothing for the LHR-AGA flight yet. I called in and the Aegean rep said it can take up to 10 days and they "were waiting for a response from BMI".

Hope this isn't BMI just letting the outstanding requests pile up until their sale goes through!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.