Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Please Help..transit from 2F to 2C [sleeping in 2E-no Schengen visa]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help..transit from 2F to 2C [sleeping in 2E-no Schengen visa]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Question Please Help..transit from 2F to 2C [sleeping in 2E-no Schengen visa]

Dear all
I am willing to travel from Beirut to Port of Spain in Trinidad.
the path is like this:
Beirut ( BEY ) - Paris ( CDG ) -St. Maarten ( SXM ) - Port of Spain ( POS )
I will need a transit from terminal 2F where I will arrive to terminal 2C where I will depart, so I got an Airport Transit Visa from the Embassy of France in Baghdad as I am an Iraqi citizen, some told me that this vise is worthless and I will need a visa that enable me to get out of the international zone at 2F and enter the international zone at 2C.
is that true , please help me if you have any information about this issue, I am attaching my visa for more explanation ( sorry cause I had to Photoshop it):
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
First, welcome to Flyertalk.
You are fine. Your transit visa states that it is valid for an international transit only, which is your case as you are making a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection. So you have to make this connection airside without crossing French immigration. When you arrive in CDG, just follow the signs for terminal 2C.
Enjoy your flights
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:11 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I'd double check for St Maarten, as there you might also need a transit visa.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

You saved me!!

Originally Posted by Goldorak
First, welcome to Flyertalk.
You are fine. Your transit visa states that it is valid for an international transit only, which is your case as you are making a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection. So you have to make this connection airside without crossing French immigration. When you arrive in CDG, just follow the signs for terminal 2C.
Enjoy your flights
As I said " Goldorak, u saved Me!!!".
I got a replay from airfrance and they say that I will need another visa!!, they said that I will need to pass through immigration ?!!
So I guess that there is something called " an airside bus" or something that will take me to 2C from 2F, is it the same case of the return flight? As it will be the same but backword.
Thanks a lot for the hope u gave me as I made alot of effort to reach this point, I was upset for 2 days and thanks god I found this website, so now I can go to pack my stuff.
Now , do you have any idea about how to spend the night there as my transit will be very long (15 hr!!)?
Best regards
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

I did it already!

Originally Posted by yno
I'd double check for St Maarten, as there you might also need a transit visa.
Thank u for ur post Yno, I did that at first, I sent an email to St Maarten immigration and the replay was if I dont need to spend more than 48 Hr inside the airport then I dont need a transit visa, I Print that email and use it along with the other documents when apply to the french visa, and I guess it help cause I got my visa realy fast.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MKAENG
As I said " Goldorak, u saved Me!!!".
I got a replay from airfrance and they say that I will need another visa!!, they said that I will need to pass through immigration ?!!
So I guess that there is something called " an airside bus" or something that will take me to 2C from 2F, is it the same case of the return flight? As it will be the same but backword.
Thanks a lot for the hope u gave me as I made alot of effort to reach this point, I was upset for 2 days and thanks god I found this website, so now I can go to pack my stuff.
Now , do you have any idea about how to spend the night there as my transit will be very long (15 hr!!)?
Best regards
Yes, there is an airside bus that allow you to connect without having to pass immigration. However, I didn't realize that you had to spend the night at the airport and I'm not sure this is allowed and there is no airside hotel. I hope some other FTnetters are more knowledgeable than me on this issue. Because if you cannot stay in the sterile zone, then you will need a Schengen visa
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, there is an airside bus that allow you to connect without having to pass immigration. However, I didn't realize that you had to spend the night at the airport and I'm not sure this is allowed and there is no airside hotel. I hope some other FTnetters are more knowledgeable than me on this issue. Because if you cannot stay in the sterile zone, then you will need a Schengen visa
oh..so what should I do in this case?,asking for another visa is impossible.
sny Idea about how to spend the night there?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Airside stays open and you will not be kicked out of the terminal. (I know people who did that) and there is a website that confirms that (see below). All restaurants and shops etc will be closed, and there aren't any comfy sleeping seats as you may find in AMS.

This site is not exactly raving about CDG http://www.sleepinginairports.net/
But at least it confirms you can stay over night when in transit.

It recommends you transfer to 2E for an overnight stay:
"1) There have been many more positive reviews coming in (for Terminal 2E). It probably helps that travellers have been going to CDG with low expectations after visiting this site.
2) Back in December 2010, we began to hear reports that the homeless population was being segragated to Terminal 3 at night.
3) Sleep can be had at this airport. You just need to make sure you go to the right terminal. For the overnight campers, Terminal 2E is a good place to go. Security was friendly when I was there and they let people sleep. There is no reason to sleep in the older, scary terminals and if you try, you're crazy!"

Last edited by Zembla; Feb 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:16 am
Original Poster

I guess its true!!

Originally Posted by Zembla
Airside stays open and you will not be kicked out of the terminal. (I know people who did that) and there is a website that confirms that (see below). All restaurants and shops etc will be closed, and there aren't any comfy sleeping seats as you may find in AMS.

This site is not exactly raving about CDG http://www.sleepinginairports.net/
But at least it confirms you can stay over night when in transit.

It recommends you transfer to 2E for an overnight stay:
"1) There have been many more positive reviews coming in (for Terminal 2E). It probably helps that travellers have been going to CDG with low expectations after visiting this site.
2) Back in December 2010, we began to hear reports that the homeless population was being segragated to Terminal 3 at night.
3) Sleep can be had at this airport. You just need to make sure you go to the right terminal. For the overnight campers, Terminal 2E is a good place to go. Security was friendly when I was there and they let people sleep. There is no reason to sleep in the older, scary terminals and if you try, you're crazy!"
Thanks a lot Zembla,I checked that website and guess the information its provide may be very useful.
now I have a question please, is it possible to use the airside shuttle to reach terminal 2E from terminal 2F, spend the night there, and at the morning leave terminal 2E to reach terminal 2C where I will leave CDG?, I mean its possible to go backward to the shuttle, in another word, I don't need to be in the arrival zone to reach the shuttle?
hope I was clear with my question.
and guys, I thank you all for your help, am sure I will benefit every information I learned from you, thank you, thank you all.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Ok guys , so am in CDG now, my flight arrive at terminal 2E, lucky me!!
The ppl here are so helpful, they gave me a new boarding pass to use it to sleap at the departure part of terminal 2E, there is a wifi in this area, stors and resturants thats open as they said till 11pm, the best, chargeing socket for my phone and
At the end of the terminal, there are a seats that designed for sleep, its very comfurt and the place here is so quiet and stylish
I wish i could show you the place its better than a hotel.
Regards
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I am very glad it worked out for you . And congratulations to Zembla for providing such useful and accurate information for your complex (overnight, without a Schengen visa) connexion ^
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

They offer a comfurt chair, a blanket, and a pillow to the ppl spending the night here, its perfect, there is a 24 hr internet on wifi and there are also a PC's, the playstation3 also avilable not mention the coffe machine and some other that u can buy from it what ever u need of snacks.
I think that this terminal is really perfect and it has all what the travelers need for them trips and transit.
I should thank the guys above who made a lot of effort to provide me with the avilable information that they have.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by MKAENG
They offer a comfurt chair, a blanket, and a pillow to the ppl spending the night here, its perfect, there is a 24 hr internet on wifi and there are also a PC's, the playstation3 also avilable not mention the coffe machine and some other that u can buy from it what ever u need of snacks.
I think that this terminal is really perfect and it has all what the travelers need for them trips and transit.
I should thank the guys above who made a lot of effort to provide me with the avilable information that they have.
Excellent! Good to hear they realy take good care of overnight stayers nowadays. Did you stay the curved section of terminal 2E? Or the "square" one? I especially like the curved one for it's zen-like ambiance.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I'm glad everything worked well for you. Good night
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zembla
Excellent! Good to hear they realy take good care of overnight stayers nowadays. Did you stay the curved section of terminal 2E? Or the "square" one? I especially like the curved one for it's zen-like ambiance.
I was at one end and they asked me to go to the other end if I want to stay over night and sleep, so I stayed near the gate 32, the same decoration and seats with different I actually didnt notice any differenc .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.