BKK Thai Air Lounge Q

Subscribe
I'm planning on spending the night airside.
The rule for the TG FC lounge says "Business Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight".
I arrive at 8pm and my flight out is at 6am. Will they let me in?

And is the spa really only for Thai Air pax? I am arriving TG and departing UA.
oops, meant to say "FIRST Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight".
if you are 1K you can get in the TG lounge, with any class ticket, I got in with an award ticket a few weeks ago,

Not sure about the First class lounge,,,

No idea how late they are open , I think I left at 10:30 pm

RB
The FC lounge closes at 1am --the biz lounge is open until 2am. They both re-open at 5am. I'm on a FC tkt, also UA membership and 1k.

My problem is I am technically arriving the night before my flight, NOT the same day. Do they follow the rules or will they consider that the same day and let me in.
If I won't have lounge access I need to book a hotel.
Quote:
My problem is I am technically arriving the night before my flight, NOT the same day. Do they follow the rules or will they consider that the same day and let me in.
If I won't have lounge access I need to book a hotel.
I've arrived at 10PM with a 7AM departure and was able to use the lounge without problem. YMMV
Quote: And is the spa really only for Thai Air pax? I am arriving TG and departing UA.
I took a pic of the sign. It's pretty clear. And, they do check your boarding pass as you arrive. You could give it a try but it doesn't look good.

Thanks!
Too bad about that spa. Is there anywhere else in the airport to get a massage?
Quote: Thanks!
Too bad about that spa. Is there anywhere else in the airport to get a massage?
Yes, on the opposite side of the main corridor from the Thai Airlines "C" concourse lounge, there is a massage place (very close to the Singapore Airlines lounge). Have never used and have no idea of the hours, but from their menu listing posted in the window, they appear to offer the full range of services
Quote: Yes, on the opposite side of the main corridor from the Thai Airlines "C" concourse lounge, there is a massage place (very close to the Singapore Airlines lounge). Have never used and have no idea of the hours, but from their menu listing posted in the window, they appear to offer the full range of services
That would be in the A concourse across from the Bangkok Air lounge.
I didn't even think about the other lounges. Are any *A lounges open all night?
I can't find info on SQ's web. I suppose there's an ANA lounge as well?
Quote: I'm planning on spending the night airside.
The rule for the TG FC lounge says "Business Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight".
I arrive at 8pm and my flight out is at 6am. Will they let me in?

And is the spa really only for Thai Air pax? I am arriving TG and departing UA.
Where are you going thru Thai Immigration ?

and are they checking your bags thru ?

RB
Quote: Where are you going thru Thai Immigration ?

and are they checking your bags thru ?

RB

Hopefully never!
On the outbound I arrive on UA 11pm and dpt TG 6am.
Return trip arv on TG 7:30pm and dpt UA 6am.

The layover is well under 12 hours, so I see why no reason they shouldn't check my bags through...
right???

It's a mix of C+F the entire way, so I don't need a hotel -- I'll sleep on the planes.
Quote: I didn't even think about the other lounges. Are any *A lounges open all night?
I can't find info on SQ's web. I suppose there's an ANA lounge as well?
TG lounges close at 1 or 2AM and reopen at 5AM. Priority pass are the only lounges open 24/7 AFAIK.

The BKK SKL info is here. Open 6:30-20:30.

There is no ANA lounge. You're relegated to TG, SQ or Priority Pass.
I am flying to BKK on Thai Air first class from Zurich, which doesn't really have a lounge, after I land, is it possible for me to go into the Lounge for a quick second just to check it out.
Quote: I am flying to BKK on Thai Air first class from Zurich, which doesn't really have a lounge, after I land, is it possible for me to go into the Lounge for a quick second just to check it out.
As was answered in the TG forum, no, you won't have any access to the lounges if you have no onward flight.