Which airlines would you recommend for DONE4?

Subscribe
Dear flyers, thank you for reading this thread!

I am planning an ex-JNB or ex-AMM DONE4 RTW this year
My major itinerary would be
JNB or AMM-LHR-(MAD)-LIM-SCL-JFK-HKG-DXB
or - SYD -JNB or AMM

My question is that which airline provide better J cabin experience, especially for long flight.
For example:
IB, BA, LA provide flights connecting europe and south America,
which provide best J cabin experience? or best lounge?

JL, CX, AA all provide cross pacific flight from NA to Asia, which provide better J cabin?

LA and QF provide SCL-SYD
LA is operating with A340
QF is operating with 744
Which provide better J ?

Besides, for IB and BA, which is better in service, flight accuracy or even lounge ?

Thank you again who read this thread!
SCL-SYD non stop on QF. J seats will be flat or sloping (depends on the retrofit of the 744 equipment.

SCL-AKL-SYD one stop on LA. J seats are flat. The stop may be a grind if you manage to sleep. If LA is really late leaving SCL, it will stop in AKL and you'll be put on a QF, NZ or EK flight to get you over to SYD. This allows that LA aircraft to regain its schedule for the return AKL-SCL sector.

The QF flight may fly further south than LA and you might have a chance of seeing Antarctica (but YMMV).

Although I prefer the LA service and quietness of their 343 aircraft, you might be better off on QF. But QF don't serve pisco sours.
SCL - SYD

If time is not an issue, the LAN flight via AKL wins hands down over the QF direct flight. Better hard product by a long way, and the service is pretty good as well.

Haven't looked, but the points/status earn might also be slightly better with the stop over.
Quote: SCL - SYD

If time is not an issue, the LAN flight via AKL wins hands down over the QF direct flight. Better hard product by a long way, and the service is pretty good as well.

Haven't looked, but the points/status earn might also be slightly better with the stop over.
If crediting to the QF program, SYD-SCL = 180 SCs in Biz class. SYD-AKL-SCL = 240 SCs in Biz. But this only works if the SYD-AKL and AKL-SCL are separate segments (ie two ticket coupons). Great Circle Mapper will show the miles for each option http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=syd-akl...l&MS=wls&DU=mi
To answer your question about CX vs. AA: CX wins in basically every aspect in my opinion, even if you get the older herringbone style seats.
These older seats are a bit small, but go flat and are much better for sleeping. The new seats are significantly better. AA has sloping seats. Food and service is better on CX.

If you have a choice between AA and LAN: LAN

The only advantage AA has: upgrades to F.