Verify Pilot Certification?

Subscribe
Is the FAA registry website for airman current? Will it have a pilot's correct/current certification listed of the website available to the public?

I ask because some Mr. bigshot pilot type guy was bragging about being a Captain flying 767s for a foreign airline that doesn't fly 767s! Then he talked about flying 747s for a US airline he had retired from. So out of being curious I checked his name and the FAA website doesn't show he is licensed to fly 767 or 747s. He also claimed to be flying a route for this foreign airlines stating he had just flown in (as in the Captain of the plane) from FRA to JFK after this particular airlines changed over to Airbus equipment for that lane virtually eliminating their 747s.

The website is here -- https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/ -- is there another website I should check?

His info is below, name omitted of course.

Medical
Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 7/2007
MUST HAVE AVAILABLE GLASSES FOR NEAR VISION.

Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND

Type Ratings:
A/B-737 A/CE-500 A/FK-28
Why do you care? Wasting time looking up this guys history?

Who the heck cares what he says.
Quote: Why do you care? Wasting time looking up this guys history?

Who the heck cares what he says.
He is about to move in with a friend of mine. DH and I think if he would lie about who he flies for and what he flies that he may be lying about a lot of other things.
Much of the information on pilots is out of date depending on the source. You can also try and look at:

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*193800883!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/certs-pilot.html

If the excerpt below is up-to-date then he hasn't flown as an airline pilot on a US aircraft since January of '08. His type ratings are for Fokker 28 (probably Cargo), Cessna Citation Biz Jet and 737. If he got a foreign license based on his FAA license though, other type ratings would not necessarily show up as they would be recorded on his foreign license. Unlikely though that a 737 pilot would get a 767 AND a 747 type rating in a 4 year period, but not impossible.
Quote: Much of the information on pilots is out of date depending on the source. You can also try and look at:

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*193800883!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/certs-pilot.html

If the excerpt below is up-to-date then he hasn't flown as an airline pilot on a US aircraft since January of '08. His type ratings are for Fokker 28 (probably Cargo), Cessna Citation Biz Jet and 737. If he got a foreign license based on his FAA license though, other type ratings would not necessarily show up as they would be recorded on his foreign license. Unlikely though that a 737 pilot would get a 767 AND a 747 type rating in a 4 year period, but not impossible.
That makes sense as he supposedly retired from his US airline in 2007 and started flying contract for an APAC airline in 2008. His stories just don't make sense on what he is doing supposedly now.
I just checked and my pilot certification/ratings and medical data is not 100% complete, although I'm not an ATP. It would not be a big surprise if there is an update lag for that registry.

Btw, my understanding is that registry is for official purposes only and your inquiry is logged.
Look it up on the internet.

If you read it on line, it must be true.
Isn't it a felony now to falsely claim to be a pilot?

I'm sure there is somewhere on the TSA website that you can report this for them to investigate and get back to you.
I could not find myself. Maybe I did something wrong, but I apparently do not exist, so I guess I have never flown.
Shame.
All those hours spent behind the stick and I am not an "Airman"

PS, IMO, some hide their identity online with forums such as this by bending the truth slightly to disguise whom they really are.
Perhaps your guy did this, with no harm meant.

Either way, It's interesting I could not find myself in the data base.
Perhaps another one of those "sim pilots" who thinks just because they have been running MS Flight Simulator for 10 years that they are actual pilots qualified to speak on matters of piloting. It's an epidemic.
Quote: Isn't it a felony now to falsely claim to be a pilot?

I'm sure there is somewhere on the TSA website that you can report this for them to investigate and get back to you.
No he is a pilot, that is on the FAA website, at issue is if he is qualified/certified to fly 747s and 767s as he tells everyone he is. He is rated for 737s as late as 2007. Why would a pilot say he was flying 747s and 767s if he is rated for the 737s? In the pilot world is there more prestige flying the 747 and 767 vs. the 737? I could totally get it if he claimed falsely he was flying 777s.

Plus to add to this quandary he claims he is flying 767s on an airline that doesn't have 767s and also claims to be flying a popular JFK/FRA route as recently as last week that the equipment is an Airbus. Ugh, such a puzzle.
Quote: He is about to move in with a friend of mine. DH and I think if he would lie about who he flies for and what he flies that he may be lying about a lot of other things.
Quote: His stories just don't make sense on what he is doing supposedly now.
When you say "move in with", I'm assuming it's a romatic thing and not just roommates... in which case, love makes people do some stupid stuff and if someone's happy wearing the blinders, it's sometimes impossible to pull them off. Tread lightly; otherwise your friend might not end up being your friend and may still be shacked up with the questionable pilot.
Quote: When you say "move in with", I'm assuming it's a romantic thing and not just roommates... in which case, love makes people do some stupid stuff and if someone's happy wearing the blinders, it's sometimes impossible to pull them off. Tread lightly; otherwise your friend might not end up being your friend and may still be shacked up with the questionable pilot.
Yes, it is a romantic thing. DH and I have a bad feeling about the guy and now she is suspicious because when he is gone for 2.5 weeks he only texts and emails, never calls. I thought that was odd because when my husband and I travel separately and internationally we call home or wherever the other person is. We don't always call every single day but there is never a total radio silence during trips.

Thanks for the tip Patti, it is something to consider.
Quote: Isn't it a felony now to falsely claim to be a pilot?

Seriously?

I don't think so...it's not a crime.

Showing up at the airport with fake airman credentials might be.
Quote: Yes, it is a romantic thing. DH and I have a bad feeling about the guy and now she is suspicious because when he is gone for 2.5 weeks he only texts and emails, never calls. I thought that was odd because when my husband and I travel separately and internationally we call home or wherever the other person is. We don't always call every single day but there is never a total radio silence during trips.
While having nothing to do with verifying whether the guy is a pilot or not, I don't call home very often when I'm on the road and my wife isn't. Email and chats online, but rarely voice. Mostly because of time zones and costs, but also because our relationship works well that way. Assuming that your model must apply to others is a good way to lose friends, not support them. :-: