Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Subscribe
Quote: I dunno. I apped with a Amex ED for place to park MR points. At the end of 360 days of use, I will see if it makes sense to upgrade ed to EDP and cancel PRG.

I use the prg heavily for restaurants and don't tend to do 30 swipes in a month so.... its a toss up. Really hate using amex serve to make a fake swipe or go out of my way for swipes.

Especially since amex has been so good to me with CLIs
I am sorry but why you have to do the 30 swipes ?? Does it wave anything for you ?
Also if you cancel you can get some prorated Annual fees back. I have amex platinum with 450 a year so I think I am cancelling it as soon as I get the 200 Delta credit for 2016.
Quote: ...why you have to do the 30 swipes ??
Everyday Preferred gives a 50% points bonus on all spending in any month in which you make at least 30 transactions. Please discuss in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...day-cards.html
Quote: Everyday Preferred gives a 50% points bonus on all spending in any month in which you make at least 30 transactions. Please discuss in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...day-cards.html
Thanks I wasnt aware of this I only know about the Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle)
I redeemed miles for an award ticket on 12/31 last year. I just checked my year-to-date activity and see that the transaction posted on 1/1 and the credit posted on 1/3. I also see that I wasn't reimbursed for two $8 drinks I purchased in-flight in October. Based on this, I'd say that the credit was applied towards my 2015 benefit and not 2014 like it should have. Is there any way to verify this before I purchase Delta gift cards?
Just spoke with an Amex representative. I was told that since the merchant (Delta) didn't send the transaction information to them until 1/1, the purchase took place in 2015, not 2014. Has anyone else had this happen?
Quote: Just spoke with an Amex representative. I was told that since the merchant (Delta) didn't send the transaction information to them until 1/1, the purchase took place in 2015, not 2014. Has anyone else had this happen?
No, but that makes sense. Different merchants report with different speed, which could be affected by type of transaction, holidays, and other factors.
Quote: Just spoke with an Amex representative. I was told that since the merchant (Delta) didn't send the transaction information to them until 1/1, the purchase took place in 2015, not 2014. Has anyone else had this happen?
Quote: No, but that makes sense. Different merchants report with different speed, which could be affected by type of transaction, holidays, and other factors.
Yeah, I would expect it to be based on posting date of the charge. If you made the purchase on 12/28, it posted on 12/30, and the credit was issued on 1/2, I'd expect it to count for the previous year. If you made the purchase on 12/28, it posted on 1/1, and the credit was issued on 1/3, I'd expect it to count for the current year.
Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-dl-only.html