Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Subscribe
Quote: Hell All! I bought 3 $50 Delta eCerts and charged a $25 checked bag 3 weeks ago and no refund yet. Any idea why this is or how long it will be?

Have done this twice in the past and it usually took just a few days to post.
Sometimes it can take weeks to post - the delay is quite variable. Took several weeks earlier this Fall.

But while you wait, run a YTD report on your card (Jan 1 2015 to today) and search for all Delta-related charges and credits. Perhaps there were some earlier in the year you forgot about?
Quote: Data point: $25 bag fee charged to Plat Amex on 12/3. Credit has not yet posted. End of year slow down?

Jim
FYI $25 bag fee posted on 12/12.

Jim
Quote: Sometimes it can take weeks to post - the delay is quite variable. Took several weeks earlier this Fall.

But while you wait, run a YTD report on your card (Jan 1 2015 to today) and search for all Delta-related charges and credits. Perhaps there were some earlier in the year you forgot about?
Sounds good and thanks for the help!
So about to take my last flight of the year on Delta without having used my $100 airline credit. Does this still work if I buy a $100 gift card by 12/31 - just want to know if I should splurge on the flight or get the gift card.

Its AeroMexico booked on Delta to Mexico so I dont think there are baggage fees
Quote: I selected the airline 3 days ago, ordered 4x$50 certs the following day just to be safe. Got an email confirmation saying "Please allow 72 hours after receipt of this email before redeeming your eGift Card".

The transactions posted today - as 4 separate entries, like it says in the thread header (I think transactions take up to 48hrs to post, depending on what time of day you make the purchase; mine was late-evening). No Amex credit yet.
Data point: just got the credit.
Cert purchases posted: Dec 10
Reimbursements posted: Dec 18
4 delta $50 gift cards bought

posted 12/9, reimbursement on 12/19
Can credits be split? IE say I spend $30, and then $100, I'll still get $100 credit with Premier Rewards ?
Quote: Can credits be split? IE say I spend $30, and then $100, I'll still get $100 credit with Premier Rewards ?
See bullet point 7 in the wiki.
Data points: Registered 12/10 on Amex for DL; purchased 4x50GC 12/11; reimbursed 12/19.
Quote: 4 delta $50 gift cards bought

posted 12/9, reimbursement on 12/19
Quote: Data points: Registered 12/10 on Amex for DL; purchased 4x50GC 12/11; reimbursed 12/19.
Quote: Data point: just got the credit.
Cert purchases posted: Dec 10
Reimbursements posted: Dec 18
These are very standard turnarounds. At this point, anything under two weeks is extremely routine. Probably best to post data points that are outside the box (longer than two weeks) either to seek help or to give a heads up to others.
Has anyone been able to get a credit for award redeposit fee of $150?
Data points:
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/1, reimbursed 12/3 (2 days!!!)
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/6, reimbursed 12/16 (10 days)
Quick question - are reimbursements calculated by calendar year of when the charge occurred, or when the credit was issued? Say if I have an eligible transaction on the 26th, but the credit doesn't post until after January 1st, will it count for 2015 still or 2016? Thanks!
Have people gotten $50 SDC fees reimbursed recently.
Quote: Data points:
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/1, reimbursed 12/3 (2 days!!!)
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/6, reimbursed 12/16 (10 days)
Well within normal range. Probably best if we limit reporting to outliers, as many subscribe looking for news on changes.

Quote: Quick question - are reimbursements calculated by calendar year of when the charge occurred, or when the credit was issued? Say if I have an eligible transaction on the 26th, but the credit doesn't post until after January 1st, will it count for 2015 still or 2016? Thanks!
Not sure, but based upon how similar things are handled by Amex, my guess is that transaction date counts.