Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Subscribe
Quote: Another data point: Was successfully reimbursed by AMEX days after the charges posted for two $50 DL eCerts purchased by an AU on my PRG card using the helpful info on the wiki above.

The only thing on the wiki I didn't follow was waiting a day for good measure after selecting Delta as my airline on the card cause I'm really living life on the edge . The eCerts were probably bought 10 minutes after I selected DL.

Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks to all the posters here!
Thanks!

I just updated the Wiki to incorporate some of the latest information from the past few weeks. If anyone spots an inaccuracy or something missing, please let me know. It should be at a point where virtually everything is covered. Enjoy!
Quote: Thanks!

I just updated the Wiki to incorporate some of the latest information from the past few weeks. If anyone spots an inaccuracy or something missing, please let me know. It should be at a point where virtually everything is covered. Enjoy!
I tried doing 2 $50 eCerts on my PRG last tuesday (11/3). They posted (and finalized) as ticket purchases and I haven't been given a credit. Any ideas?
Quote: I tried doing 2 $50 eCerts on my PRG last tuesday (11/3). They posted (and finalized) as ticket purchases and I haven't been given a credit. Any ideas?
Welcome to FT!

Did you check out the Wiki? You should allow much more time for the credit to post, but you have a bigger problem - the PRG doesn't qualify for the $200/year credit. Per the T&Cs, only Platinum and Centurion cards do.
FYI, I haven't had the Platinum in a couple years, but I had a PRG. I called to ask about upgrade offers and they offered me 50,000 bonus MR + a $75 statement credit if I would spend $10K in 5 months. I took it. Because the $200 credit is on a calendar year basis, you can get a $200 credit in December and another in January - $400 total. So all told, the $450 fee less $75 credit less $400 in Delta eGifts gives me a net cost of -$25 for the 50,000 MR and all the perks of this card for a year. Not bad!
Quote: ... PRG doesn't qualify for the $200/year credit.
PRG qualifies for a $100 version of the same benefit. Identical in every detail, aside the amount.

Announced here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html
Quote: PRG qualifies for a $100 version of the same benefit. Identical in every detail, aside the amount.

Announced here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html
Thanks, mia. Somehow I missed that. I'll add a note to the Wiki on that and the $200 qualifiers when I get a chance.
I should be watching this earlier.
Quote: Welcome to FT!

Did you check out the Wiki? You should allow much more time for the credit to post, but you have a bigger problem - the PRG doesn't qualify for the $200/year credit. Per the T&Cs, only Platinum and Centurion cards do.
That's what I did. 2x $50 ecerts = $100 for the PRG
Single $100 purchase on 10/16, manually reimbursed via chat for some airline charges I paid for on 11/1.

Two separate $50 purchases on 11/6, no reimbursement so far.
I received a targeted offer in May for a AMEX Business Platinum--AF waived first year and 100K MR points for 10K spend in 3 months. I decided to go for it and dropped my Personal Platinum card--didn't need to Plats (w/ 2 AFs) and my Personal Plat renewed in June--perfect timing . Before canceling the Personal Plat, I bought 4 Delta $50 eCerts to use the Airline Fee Reimbursement benefit.

Fast forward to last week, decided on returning to the east coast for the Thanksgiving holiday and found a reasonable fair--$299.20. Never used eCerts before on a ticket purchase--had no problems applying 3 of the 4 I purchased to max out the credit allowed and billed the rest to my Business Plat card. To my surprise, AMEX applied an Airline Fee Reimbursement credit to the full amount of my ticket, $149.20... effectively making it free. Didn't expect it, but not going to complain as I would only have purchased more eCerts at the EOY if I had any of remaining $200 Fee Reimbursement to make use of then.

Quote: Two separate $50 purchases on 11/6, no reimbursement so far.
Has it posted now? If not, carefully check since January 1st 2015 and add up all reimbursements posted this year. Sometimes people don't realize that minor charges have been reimbursed. Your annual total will need to be under $100 for Gold or under $200 for Platinum or Centurion, else you're tapped until next year.
Quote: Has it posted now? If not, carefully check since January 1st 2015 and add up all reimbursements posted this year. Sometimes people don't realize that minor charges have been reimbursed. Your annual total will need to be under $100 for Gold or under $200 for Platinum or Centurion, else you're tapped until next year.
All good, now I'm all tapped out for 2015.
EC Upgrades on Delta
I am lifetime silver and sometimes use my $200 credit to pay for confirmed EC upgrades. I noticed that Delta no longer offers the upgrade options for existing reservations on their website now that they have added C+ fare to reservations options. Does this mean that we can no longer receive the Amex credit for the upgrades? I also can't figure out how to determine the cost to upgrade an existing reservation.
Can you sell delta egift certificates? If I have one sent to one person, can another person use it?
Quote: Can you sell delta egift certificates? If I have one sent to one person, can another person use it?
No, per the T&Cs, you may not sell them. At least not if you get caught.

Yes, someone other than the original recipient can use it. As noted in the Wiki, the name you assign doesn't matter.