CP Qualification

Subscribe
Hey Guys,

So I signed up for the 50k personal Chase card and the 50k Business card in early December. My 50k points posted for the personal card today. Do you all think I will have a leg to stand if I try to get them to count the points for 2012/2013 qualification being it is 3-4 days prior to the end of the year? I understand if they don't, just wondered if their customer support is understanding.
Quote: So I signed up for the 50k personal Chase card and the 50k Business card in early December. My 50k points posted for the personal card today. Do you all think I will have a leg to stand if I try to get them to count the points for 2012/2013 qualification being it is 3-4 days prior to the end of the year? I understand if they don't, just wondered if their customer support is understanding.
If your points for 2011 CC spend have posted in 2011, I don't think you would have much success trying to argue they should post in 2012.

Have you spent anything on your Business card yet? When is that likely to close & post? Maybe you could call Chase and ask for that to close tomorrow with the hope that those points post in 2011 so that (assuming you have 10k CPQPs from another source) you could have the CP for 2012? I'm not sure they'll do it; but, Barclay's let me move my statement closing date up on my first US Airways CC statement (enabling me to get an additional hit during the USGS - FYI - Barclay's, at the time of my request, incorrectly told me at the time that it wouldn't take effect until the 2nd statement).
I business card doesn't close until February for some reason. Stupidly, I moved the personal card up to the 8th of the month to try and get the points posted while the gift cards were on sale, but they didn't post until today. Oh well, I am thankful for the 100,000+ points I have (or will have).
Quote: Hey Guys,

So I signed up for the 50k personal Chase card and the 50k Business card in early December. My 50k points posted for the personal card today. Do you all think I will have a leg to stand if I try to get them to count the points for 2012/2013 qualification being it is 3-4 days prior to the end of the year? I understand if they don't, just wondered if their customer support is understanding.
I know this was before 1/1/12 and it's in 2012 that it's speculated the 50k points might start to post differently, but just for the most recent data point, did your 50k points at the end of Dec post as CPQP? I'm assuming yes or you wouldn't be asking about this, but just wanted to double check. TIA!
Quote: I know this was before 1/1/12 and it's in 2012 that it's speculated the 50k points might start to post differently, but just for the most recent data point, did your 50k points at the end of Dec post as CPQP? I'm assuming yes or you wouldn't be asking about this, but just wanted to double check. TIA!
Yes, my first 50k that posted on 12/28/2011 posted as CPQP for 2011 spend, 2012 status but fell off 1/1/2012. I am due 50k more points any day (statement closes on 1/8/2012).
Oh yeah, I guess I should point out also I have my bonus / card backwards. I applied for the personal card first, moved my statement close date to the 8th of the month, applied for the business card like 4-5 days after the personal card. The business card closes on February 8th or something (which I didn't change) and I have already received those points (12/28/2011). The personal card which I did change and got first, I have yet to receive those points although I already had a statement close (12/8/2011). That statement included the points for the credit card charges (58points for $58.00 in charges) but didn't include the bonus (50k).
Quote: Oh yeah, I guess I should point out also I have my bonus / card backwards. I applied for the personal card first, moved my statement close date to the 8th of the month, applied for the business card like 4-5 days after the personal card. The business card closes on February 8th or something (which I didn't change) and I have already received those points (12/28/2011). The personal card which I did change and got first, I have yet to receive those points although I already had a statement close (12/8/2011). That statement included the points for the credit card charges (58points for $58.00 in charges) but didn't include the bonus (50k).
That's odd that your points for a charge would post but not the bonus. I feel like we've been hearing that after the first statement closes they usually post as a lump sum including the 50k. Odd.
Can any one confirm what types of points they have had post in 2012 so far and if they did indeed count toward the comp pass (CPQP)? My first statement ends late Jan and wondering if the 50k bonus pts will be CPQP. I can't get another RR credit card bonus right now but do have other program pts (focused on Choice, but have others) I'd transfer over into RR if I knew the transferred pts and the 50k bonus will all be CPQP.
Great news! Ymmv
Ok, so I called Southwest Customer Support (2149320333) and spoke to [redacted]. She is going to back-out my points that posted on 12/28/2011 and then post them today 1/5/2012 and count them towards my CPQP 2012/2013! This is great news for anybody in or near my situation. It took calling the customer service twice with two different people before it worked.

**Update. Points are now posted as CPQP for 2012/2013. Now just wanting on the other 50k to post and I will be 95% towards CP!
that is interesting. i might try that.

how do i check companion pass progress on the website?
Quote: how do i check companion pass progress on the website?
Try this: Southwest Rapid Rewards Current Companion Status Link
What's funny (and very irritating at the same time) is that WN Customer Care in Dallas is still adamant that these 50k visa bonus points don't count as companion pass qualifying.
After meeting the 110,000 points in a calendar year, how long does it take to get the companion pass?
Quote: After meeting the 110,000 points in a calendar year, how long does it take to get the companion pass?
It generally takes less than 24 hours for the status to show on the web site. Once it does, you can call and designate a companion. Once your companion is designated you can book flights for your companion. The card should show up in a couple of weeks but it is not necessary to book flights or to fly.

If after of couple of days of hitting 110K and you are not showing CP status, call CS and ask or PM one of our resident FT CS folks, southwestgabe and southwestwhit are the ones I remember, but there are four of them, to look into it.

Back in the old days of 100 credits it was instantaneous. Oh, well, the price of progress.
Quote: After meeting the 110,000 points in a calendar year, how long does it take to get the companion pass?
Mine was within a few hours if I remember correctly. You will also get an email once you achieve the status.
Also, you do not have to call in to nominate your companion, you do it online now. You might have to call in to change the person but not to set it for the first time.