Wiki Posts
Search

Post office at O'Hare?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Post office at O'Hare?

I see conflicting reports as to whether there is still a post office (or actually a 24-hour place to buy stamps) at O'Hare. I'm transiting in, flying in to T5 in the evening, overnight at the Intercontinental and early morning departure the next morning from T3. Is there somewhere landside that stamps can be purchased?

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:33 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by jabrams72
I see conflicting reports as to whether there is still a post office (or actually a 24-hour place to buy stamps) at O'Hare. I'm transiting in, flying in to T5 in the evening, overnight at the Intercontinental and early morning departure the next morning from T3. Is there somewhere landside that stamps can be purchased?

Thanks
The hotel concierge at the Intercontinental should be able to sell stamps to you.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Unfortunately, they sell them through the gift shop at the IC and there's a chance it won't be open when I'm there, hence the 24 hour query.

Thanks, though!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:26 am

Try the UPS store located in the O'Hare Hilton.

http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/5900/

As an FYI, O'Hare does indeed have a full service post office. However, it's not located within the passenger terminal complex. It's located at Irving Park road and O'Hare Cargo area Rd. on the southwest side of the airport.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:24 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jabrams72
Unfortunately, they sell them through the gift shop at the IC and there's a chance it won't be open when I'm there, hence the 24 hour query.
have the IC obtain a book for you in advance, after all it is an IC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.