Miles for booking cruises

Subscribe
We are planning a 2 night repo on Princess which is primarily a status run to bump me up to platinum on Princess and it also coincides with my husband's birthday. The price of the cruise is exactly the same whether on Princess.com, online cruise consolidators or airline cruise booking portals. Only OBC offer online is for military which we don't qualify for so I want to get miles for booking the cruise.

The best deal I could find so far is on Continental.com Cruises 1500 miles for the cruise plus double that if I use the Chase CO MC. Just wondering if they are reliable about posting the miles, especially with the UA merge coming up.
It shouldn't be a problem, the CO account numbers are the ones that are surviving the merger, so the points should not get get lost in the merger.
Quote: It shouldn't be a problem, the CO account numbers are the ones that are surviving the merger, so the points should not get get lost in the merger.
Really? I should be paying more attention to the merger news...
Yeah, see this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-update.html

The way it will work is if you only have a onepass account that number survives, you don't need to do anything.

If you only have a Mileage Plus account, they will assign you a new onepass number

If you have both, you should link your accounts so they know which account is linked to the other, and the onepass one will survive.
This company is proving to be a pita to deal with. Their website doesn't accept the booking and wants to add transfers on that I can't delete. The online chat guy doesn't want to help and insists I call the number. I called, line dropped out, finally got someone who can't even find the right cruise. I got his email, booked on Princess.com and am now holding a booking pending deposit but no one is getting back to me on how to transfer the booking to the agency to get the miles. It's only a 2 nighter but would gain 3000 OnePass miles, otherwise I would have just used Princess.com.
Quote: I got his email, booked on Princess.com and am now holding a booking pending deposit but no one is getting back to me on how to transfer the booking to the agency to get the miles.
You need to call Princess and ask them to transfer it to the travel agency. They will need the travel agency name and phone number (the agency phone number may not be the same number that you call as sometimes travel agencies have different phone numbers for clients and suppliers.)

As long as you haven't made final payment, the booking can be transferred. However, it can take up to 72 hours to transfer.
will the cruise miles count towards Continental [United] elite status? same as miles from an air trip?

Have never been on a cruise and researching for one in May from Bayonne NJ as sister cannot fly any more due to health. It would be great if the cruise counted towards my keeping gold elite status on Continental [united]
The same parent company runs most of the cruise reward sites plus lots of others. It loks like the prices are the same on each, but the mile bonuses can differ.

http://www.nlg.com/brandList.html

Thanks to a fellow FTer who gave me this link.
Quote: will the cruise miles count towards Continental [United] elite status? same as miles from an air trip?

Have never been on a cruise and researching for one in May from Bayonne NJ as sister cannot fly any more due to health. It would be great if the cruise counted towards my keeping gold elite status on
Continental [united]

No they do not count towards elite status. They are just RDM'S just like you'd get from hotel stays, or credit card purchases.
Does anyone have any experience with a cruise booked through the CO website? More specifically, an idea of when the bonus CO miles post? Is is after the cruise, after the final payment, or some other point? My parents booked a river cruise for this summer and am curious when they should expect to see their bonus points.
are any of the miles for cruises worth it or am i better off just using an agent/other website
Quote: are any of the miles for cruises worth it or am i better off just using an agent/other website
If you have a crapload of miles and don't have a better use for them, then use miles. Otherwise, you can usually do better with a good travel agent
cruise trip are awesome you must try it
Quote: are any of the miles for cruises worth it or am i better off just using an agent/other website
The price should be the same. The advantage of using one of the airlines cruise travel agencies is that you get miles vs using a regular travel agent.

Not sure how the other airlines work their miles for cruises but with AA Cruises, you get a mile for every dollar the cruise cost, including port charges and fees.
5%+ Chase URs for booking a cruise via Chase UR travel. Book by 6/30/12
5% using Freedom (or 6% for using Sapphire Preferred) Chase URs for booking a cruise via Chase UR travel. Book by 6/30/12.