Need Tour/ Hotel Advice for Great Barrier Reef/ Daintree Rainforest/ Cairns!

Subscribe
Hi there! I am doing a 3 week Australian adventure and the one part of my trip where I will be flying completely solo for 4 days is a leg in Cairns! Exciting! I will be flying into Cairns November 12th and departing Nov 16th. I want to see a rainforest and I want to see the Great Barrier Reef. Those are my two basic requirements. I am pretty sure I do not want to rent a car. 1) Does anyone have any suggestions for which Rainforest is the must see nearby and which area of the Great Barrier Reef should I visit?
2) More importantly, does anybody have a tour group they used that they would recommend? I am a 31 year old, single solo travelor and have been reading mostly reviews of "Family friendly" tours or tours geared toward the 21 year old so anyone who knows of tour that caters less to families and young'uns would love those recommendations...
3) Any hotel recommendations in Cairns that would be suited for a solo travelor and are less family friendly or geared for the 21 year old? Looking for a place that could really help me navigate around the city and recommend things for me to do. I was thinking stay in Cairns 2-3 nights and book tours our of there and then perhaps stay one night in Port Douglas or Daintree or Cape Tribulation. Or should I stay in Cairns my entire trip? 4) Basically is there a really cool place to stay in Port Douglas, Daintree or Cape Tribulation that is set in a beautiful setting is slightly luxurious for under $300 and is extraordinary (staying in a treehouse in the rainforest is one of my definitions of extraordinary! )?
Any advice would be SOOO appreciated! Thanks so much!
Silky Oaks Lodge is not far from Port Douglas and has treehouse accommodation in the rainforest, but you'd be looking at spending about $100/night more than you were hoping.
Arriving Nov 12th ... as in less than 3 weeks from today ?

Thanks AnnaBeth! I will look into that! Im-headed-west- yes, less than three weeks! But in my defense, my travelor friends have been advising me to plan less and flow more!
Daintree Wilderness Lodge is also worth considering.

Here's an Australian government site on recommended jumping off points and tours of the Great Barrier Reef.