Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Farmers Branch {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Farmers Branch {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Farmers Branch {US-TX}

Hi,

I was considering staying at Doubletree Club Dallas Farmer's Branch tomorrow night, so I did a search here and found nothing about this. It seems like a pretty nice hotel, but the absence of any comments about this got me wondering--is this not a GREAT hotel, but neither is it AWFUL?

Has anyone stayed there for a weekend night? Like everyone here I'm HH Gold.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 7:06 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I talked to someone who stayed there who said it was ok except you need a car since there's no real restaurant either at the hotel or in the area.

A couple of miles away is the Hilton Garden Inn in Irving, which has a bunch of places to eat fairly close by. It has free high speed Internet, too, if that's significant.
Rich
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:44 pm

He's right...you absolutely need a vehicle...it's located between 2 office buildings...overall a nice hotel with a small bar,pool table downstairs and a decent restaurant. I was working at I2 technologies right next door and this hotel was PERFECT for me as I had a 2 minute walk to work every morning.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 7:46 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004260.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:20 am

My Check-In experience at Doubletree Club Dallas-Farmers Branch

So I arrive at the Doubletree Club Dallas-Farmers Branch last night around 11:30pm.
I go to check in and get my key packet/folder.

I go up to my room ABC and try the key - it does not work, tried the other key, nothing.
Luckily the key folder had the hotel number, so I called the front desk and told him my keys didnt work.
The front desk guy came up with a new key - didnt work, and then used his master key.
I walk in and go to put my stuff down on the counter (didnt turn on the lights yet) and I notice a set of keys and a necklace on the table.
I said - "Hey, why is there keys here?"
I turn around and I see someone lying in bed!!
I said - "Oh s*&t" and walk out.

This is Texas, Im lucky I didnt get shot!

So it turns out, that my room should have been XYZ instead of ABC, but someone either printed out the wrong room, or they moved me and didnt update the folder.

This morning, I spoke to the front desk manager (Thomas) and told him the situation, and they he should followup with the person in room ABC, because they probably got freaked out when I walked in the room.

The manager offered to comp me the room for last night, but my accounting department hates any type of credits (it causes lots of paperwork for me, and explanations, etc) so instead he is giving me 5k points and a voucher for something at the bar.

Bad check-in experience, but the handling of the aftermath was pretty good in my opinion.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG, HH, Avis, United
Not sure what to say other than "wow". You are lucky the person didn't wake up. If I had been in that room...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Another good reason to actually lock your door (with the chain).
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: American Exe Plat, Emirates Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat
I’m always shocked how often this happens. I’ve walked in on someone else at least 4 times in the past 5 years with various different hotel chains. Every time that I have seen someone in the room – they have never had the door locked.

For me, that’s the first thing I do when I walk in the door is deadbolt and chain the door for exactly this reason.

I never got anything for this experience though – guess I never asked. But it was probably worse for the people sleeping than me anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:37 pm

...so I was asleep last night at the Doubletree...you wouldn't believe the dream I had.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:54 pm

The person did wake up.

When I saw the person, it was one of those..."starting to get up" motions.

You know, you're lying down, but your arm is pushing yourself up.

I saw that and "jumped" (scared me!) and said - "oh sh*t, sorry" and ran out.

Like I said, this being Texas...I wouldnt be surprised if some guests have their guns near them when they sleep.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:48 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:46 pm

I had the same experience last month at a Hampton Inn in Riverside, CA. However, as soon as I opened the door, a man yelled at me, so I immediately closed the door. By the time I got back to the front desk, the Manager was in a heated conversation with the occupant. The desk clerk insisted that the system showed the room as vacant. The good part for me was the upgrade to a very nice suite.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I've had that happen several times. Always very awkward. I've also been on the other side (in the bed). I had the chain locked so they couldn't come in. They tried and tried to get in, then went away. Then I heard them arrive with an employee (manager?), and they kept trying to get in until I got up and told them the room was occupied.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
I had this happen to me a few years ago at the Hilton Orange County and there was a very large Naked man in the room!

Funny thing is when I went back downstairs they suddenly had an upgraded room available for me, they did not have one 5 minutes before.

The moral of the story is always use the chain on the door!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
We had the same thing happen at the Hilton in Ft Worth -- only we were in the room when someone else tried to open the door.

15 minutes later I went down to the desk and made them recode the keys.

I've used the DT Club you're at, and too say it nicely was disappointed by the quality of the breakfast.

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.