JetBlue American Express - 20k signup bonus

Subscribe
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...canexpress.com

10k for you first purchase and another 10k for $500 spend in 3 months.

I've never seen a bonus offered on this card (though I haven't been following it too much).

Offer expires November 2nd, 2011.
Quote: https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...canexpress.com

10k for you first purchase and another 10k for $500 spend in 3 months.

I've never seen a bonus offered on this card (though I haven't been following it too much).

Offer expires November 2nd, 2011.
This was around last April. I signed up then. I now have 30K points with no where to use them. I like flying JetBlue but them having no partners is a buzz kill.
Is that a free flight
Is 20K JetBlue worth a free flight? Sorry for ignorance, but I've never really dealt with JetBlue.
Quote: Is 20K JetBlue worth a free flight? Sorry for ignorance, but I've never really dealt with JetBlue.
20K Can actually be worth a lot of flights or one. JetBlue operates differently than most carriers. There isn't a standardized mile reward system, it depends on what the price of the ticket would be.

So if you get a $50 fare it would be 5,000 miles. It isn't always that math, as I have seen an $80 fare for 6,600 miles. When I was looking to get tickets to Orlando I could get two round trip fares for 26,000 miles.
A TrueBlue point is worth between 1.05-1.55 cents these days. So 20K points is basically $200-300 in airfare. Most I've ever seen is 25K for the sign up + $500 spend; 10K is common.
I got both the personal and business cards at 25k each at the beginning of this year. Burned 62,000 Jetblue miles for 2 round trip tickets to South America.
Pretty simple rewards system.

Since there's no partners, that not very many international options.
On the flipside - if you stay domestic, and get pers/biz you can get SEVERAL free flights.
Thanks for the info - had no idea they flew to South America.
Quote: Thanks for the info - had no idea they flew to South America.

Bogota appears to be the only city
Quote: Bogota appears to be the only city
They fly to Costa Rica plus I also think that they fly is Ireland.
Quote: This was around last April. I signed up then. I now have 30K points with no where to use them. I like flying JetBlue but them having no partners is a buzz kill.
The good news though is your points won't expire if you use the card, so your 30k points are safe. If you only flew B6, your points would begin expiring after one year of idle time.
Quote: They fly to Costa Rica plus I also think that they fly is Ireland.
No, I don't think JetBlue flies to Ireland
Quote: plus I also think that they fly is Ireland.
Nope. They have Aer Lingus as an interline partner but they don't fly to Ireland themselves. They have a dozen or so partners now for interline travel but, of those, only AA allows FF earning and that's not at a straight miles flown rate. None of the partners allow FF redemption yet.
Quote: Thanks for the info - had no idea they flew to South America.
They do! I'm Bogota bound baby

Quote: Bogota appears to be the only city
correct!

Quote: They fly to Costa Rica
Correct! I was up between Costa Rica & Colombia.
I'm an adventure travel enthusiast, so both are very appealing as both have 4+ rivers you can commercially whitewater raft. We ended up picking Colombia as it's cheaper to do the adventure activities, the hostel is cheaper, and I've only been to Colombia on work. It's time to play! and on these prices, you can't beat it:

$8/night - private room in a hostel in the mountain town where all adventures are based out of!
$25 - Canyoning (would be $80+ in Costa Rica!)
$17 - caving w/200 foot rappel (UNBELIEVABLE!)
$25 - rafting on a body board
$40-$100 - the cost to raft 4 top notch rivers (each)

With prices like that, Colombia was a no brainer. Head to San Gil in the mountains (bus from Bogota), and get wild people! I got the prices from www.colombiarafting.com if any of you mile hoarders want to head down there sometime. I'm stoked
I just got a targeted offer from JetBlue to refer others for 10K points per each referral. So if anyone is planning on signing up for the 20K offer going around now, I'd love to refer you