Award ticket upgrade eligible?

Subscribe
I've got an award ticket booked for later in October. If I have Silver status with DL, will that be eligible for an upgrade? I assume that if I had paid for an economy ticket, it would be eligible (even if I was low on the list).

If it is not eligible, can I pay a supplement with miles (or cash) to get an upgrade?
Gold and up are eligible for Award ticket upgrades:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ades/index.jsp
Quote: If it is not eligible, can I pay a supplement with miles (or cash) to get an upgrade?
No. If you buy a paid ticket, it is possible. You have to buy at least a K fare or higher and it will be 12,500 Skymiles each way to upgrade.(This is assuming you are talking about a domestic ticket.)
Quote: If it is not eligible, can I pay a supplement with miles (or cash) to get an upgrade?
For a domestic award ticket, you can pay 10,000 more miles each way and just book a first class award ticket. All in all, a pretty good deal - priority check in, priority security line, free checked luggage and F seat. So you pay the "supplement" when booking, not when trying to upgrade later
Quote: For a domestic award ticket, you can pay 10,000 more miles each way and just book a first class award ticket. All in all, a pretty good deal - priority check in, priority security line, free checked luggage and F seat. So you pay the "supplement" when booking, not when trying to upgrade later
10,000 more? My ticket was 40,000 in economy and it quoted me 80,000 for F.
How do I find out the international upgrade requirements? I am Gold and looking at booking (paying cash) SFO -> BKK. I have selected K fare but the itinerary is showing 'not upgrade eligible'.

I have 40k miles sitting there and it doesn't look like they'll be much help for this trip. I can't use Pay with Miles as I do not have the AMEX card.
Quote: 10,000 more? My ticket was 40,000 in economy and it quoted me 80,000 for F.
Low Y is 25K RT and low F is 45K RT, so 10K more each way. You were quoted medium both ways.
Quote: How do I find out the international upgrade requirements? I am Gold and looking at booking (paying cash) SFO -> BKK. I have selected K fare but the itinerary is showing 'not upgrade eligible'.
International upgradeable fares are Y, B, M only.
Quote: International upgradeable fares are Y, B, M only.
ahh, got ya. That does bump the cost up to almost the standard F fare.

If I apply and get approved for the AMEX card, can I use Pay with Miles straight way or do I still have to post activity and wait 4 weeks?
Quote: ahh, got ya. That does bump the cost up to almost the standard F fare.

If I apply and get approved for the AMEX card, can I use Pay with Miles straight way or do I still have to post activity and wait 4 weeks?
I think you can do it as soon as your card is issued. It showed up in my profile on Delta.com within a couple of days after I applied for mine.

Before you use Pay With Miles, though, make sure you read all the rules. Your whole trip will not be eligible for earning miles (both MQM and regular).
Quote: For a domestic award ticket, you can pay 10,000 more miles each way and just book a first class award ticket. All in all, a pretty good deal - priority check in, priority security line, free checked luggage and F seat. So you pay the "supplement" when booking, not when trying to upgrade later
Pending availability....
If you use pay with miles for any part of a ticket, no matter how small, you WILL NOT earn any miles on the ticket. If you are FO, it will not be eligible for a "domestic" upgrade. (These are treated as award tickets, even if you use miles to reduce the price by just a little bit.)
I have a domestic US award ticket booked with DL miles. I am only DL Silver so no possibility of an U/G, but I am AF/KLM Flying Blue Plat. I notice that if I change my FF number on the itinerary to my FB number, it indicates my status as "Platinum Medallion." Do you think that will put me on the U/G list on this award flight?
AFAIK no, DL does not give free upgrades to FB elites.
Quote: AFAIK no, DL does not give free upgrades to FB elites.
Actually, they do. See thread in FB forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...elta-back.html

All of the discussion there is regarding paid tickets, so I didn't know if the free upgrades for FB elites would extend to award tickets as they would for a DL Gold or higher.