New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Subscribe
Quote: This trick won't work because the third-party website must use the hotel currency (MYR in your case) to quote and book in order to fulfill the BRG requirement.

If you click to book the room on PC website, you should find that they charge you in MYR regardless of what currency you choose on the room selection page. Since Orbitz charges you in USD but not MYR, your BRG must fail. In other words, you must find a website quoting and booking the room in MYR for BRG. It is the hard part to do if the hotel currency is not a worldwide used currency like USD and EUR.
+1, it has to be the BILLING currency that matches IHG.com's currency. The only way you can get out of it is the rates that are booked through sites like booking.com, where you pay at check-out.

Quote: Some booking websites offer a 1% off when you click through Kayak. However, it is not regarded as a "publicly accessible" way to reserve rooms, so it shouldn't work. Please correct me if you have had a successfully claim with this trick.
You might want to copy paste the url after kayak directed you, i.e. don't just type: www.xxxxx.com, instead www.xxxxx.com/xxx=loew
Quote: This trick won't work because the third-party website must use the hotel currency (MYR in your case) to quote and book in order to fulfill the BRG requirement.

If you click to book the room on PC website, you should find that they charge you in MYR regardless of what currency you choose on the room selection page. Since Orbitz charges you in USD but not MYR, your BRG must fail. In other words, you must find a website quoting and booking the room in MYR for BRG. It is the hard part to do if the hotel currency is not a worldwide used currency like USD and EUR.
You're right, that was me being in a hurry and not seeing the switchback. Edited to use hotels.com where you can select MYR for matching currency. Thanks.
Quote: Some booking websites offer a 1% off when you click through Kayak. However, it is not regarded as a "publicly accessible" way to reserve rooms, so it shouldn't work. Please correct me if you have had a successfully claim with this trick.
I've never seen anything like that, on each off-site checkout page I've had work I just see room rate, taxes, and totals. Never anything on the actual page that the Best Price Guarantee overlords would use to compare. I actually preferred it when they matched the price and gave you %10 off. You'd still get points. I did a couple of those as well.

Every time I was on the phone with them they seem really friendly and helpful, they don't care in the least giving free rooms away.
Quote: You might want to copy paste the url after kayak directed you, i.e. don't just type: www.xxxxx.com, instead www.xxxxx.com/xxx=loew
Does it work over the phone?
Quote: You're right, that was me being in a hurry and not seeing the switchback. Edited to use hotels.com where you can select MYR for matching currency. Thanks.
To be precise, you are changing "your location" to Malaysia but not just the currency. If you are using the US website, you will still see the words "You will be charged in US Dollar" on the page for entering travelers' information and credit card details.
Quote: To be precise, you are changing "your location" to Malaysia but not just the currency. If you are using the US website, you will still see the words "You will be charged in US Dollar" on the page for entering travelers' information and credit card details.
Ok, that one I do know, I got a lower price once at bookings.com and on the checkout page it has: Total Price: US$ XXX.XX MYR XXX.XX the guy on the phone only cares about the local currency.
Quote: Ok, that one I do know, I got a lower price once at bookings.com and on the checkout page it has: Total Price: US$ XXX.XX MYR XXX.XX the guy on the phone only cares about the local currency.
Seems like you were lucky. A more "experienced" BRG agent would claim that the charge on your card would be USD and deny the claim.

HTB.
Quote: Ok, that one I do know, I got a lower price once at bookings.com and on the checkout page it has: Total Price: US$ XXX.XX MYR XXX.XX the guy on the phone only cares about the local currency.
When was it? Was it in the first month when the program has just begun?

There was one time that an agent approved my claim on phone at first, but revoked his decision some hours later by email. It was because of a service fee charged on a refundable room when refunded. The agent and I overlooked that when we were on the phone.

Luckily, I got a "backup" website selling rooms in the same hotel which satisfies the BRG. The only issue was that the "backup" website doesn't have suites but just double rooms. Eventually, I cancelled the reservation of the suite and reserved a double room for BRG. It went through smoothly and didn't affect my trip much.
Quote: Does it work over the phone?
Don't know, never tried that. Normally I prefer filling the online form, then call. This time I didn't bother calling because they seem to be very unfriendly when I called. I filled out the online form and got a reply in about 7 hrs or so with an approval.
I haven't done a BRG claim in a few months--wow has it changed.

Anyway, I am seeing a one bedroom suite rate at 3rd party sites for the IC I want, but the IC website does not show one bedroom suites at all, either AP or Flex. The highest they go is a studio suite. Do you think it would be worth it to call IC to see if there is a rate for a one bedroom suite I can book by phone? Will a reservation made by phone be OK for BRG claims?
I called the cs and the claim is accept with a confirmation code given during the phone call.

after that no email for several days. so what do I expect to follow?
DID a BRG last week, claim is accepted and confirmation code is given. But after that nothing happens.... what to expect ?
Quote: DID a BRG last week, claim is accepted and confirmation code is given. But after that nothing happens.... what to expect ?
Re-Posting...?? TSSS

Well, the hotel has to adjust the rate by accepting the claim. Then you will get another email confirming all this.

But never mind, with the claim accepted by the BRG Desk you got your free night. What might happen is that the hotel does not accept, charged the night and you then get refunded by the BRG Desk/Guest Relations.
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
I just claimed and was approved for 2 rooms in the intercontinental San Francisco. It took me a while to get all parameters right but after all what a great deal. I'm a big fan of marriotts/Starwood/Radisson BRG but I think I'm switching allegiances now
Quote: I just claimed and was approved for 2 rooms in the intercontinental San Francisco. It took me a while to get all parameters right but after all what a great deal. I'm a big fan of marriotts/Starwood/Radisson BRG but I think I'm switching allegiances now
I just submitted a claim for the same hotel about 30 minutes ago. I hope I'm as successful as you.

Did you have to file a separate claim for each room? Several months ago I was denied BRG for two rooms (1 room free, 2nd room rate-match), so I booked each separately and was ultimately successful.

Congrats on your success.