China Airlines To Join Skyteam On Spember 28, 2011

Subscribe
It is official that China Airlines (CI) joining Skyteam on September 28, 2011, as indicated in the CI website:

China Airlines (CAL) has successfully completed the audit process by SkyTeam on July 13, and is expecting to become a full member of SkyTeam global airlines alliance on September 28, 2011. ...
Quote: It is official that China Airlines (CI) joining Skyteam on September 20, 2011, as indicated in the CI website:

China Airlines (CAL) has successfully completed the audit process by SkyTeam on July 13, and is expecting to become a full member of SkyTeam global airlines alliance on September 28, 2011. ...
Oh, great, was waiting for this to be confirmed. Can't wait to try them to Europe.. or Asia. Welcome CI to ST
Welcome to ST China Airlines, will we be able to book China Airlines coded flights on DL website ?
Last month I flew CI SFO-TPE-DPS rtn in economy. The trip was comfortable, shaved 5 hrs of the SQ route, and got a deal on the tix. I signed up for their mileage program but did not think I'd ever use the points. Perhaps these might be my ST airline under which to collect miles.
Any further news here?? I can't see a single ST member which has published accrual rates for CI flights after 28/9, the CI website doesn't talk about it, the ST website only features the date when you look at future members. Do we know anything more?? (ideally accrual rates! )
Quote: Any further news here?? I can't see a single ST member which has published accrual rates for CI flights after 28/9, the CI website doesn't talk about it, the ST website only features the date when you look at future members. Do we know anything more?? (ideally accrual rates! )
DL has generally only updated accrual rates after the airline actually joins the alliance. Not sure about FB.
Quote: DL has generally only updated accrual rates after the airline actually joins the alliance. Not sure about FB.
Same there - but it still makes it really difficult to make bookings for October and November!!
Quote: Same there - but it still makes it really difficult to make bookings for October and November!!
Just expect to earn 25% and you will be pleasantly surprised

GenevaFlyer
Quote: Just expect to earn 25% and you will be pleasantly surprised

GenevaFlyer
In business class?? Don't give them bad ideas!
Quote: Just expect to earn 25% and you will be pleasantly surprised

GenevaFlyer
Given that there are quite a few classes among existing Asian airlines that earn zilch in FB, even expecting 25% could be preparing oneself to be disappointed.