Spray Sunscreen Aerosol

Subscribe
Is it okay to bring spray sunscreen (aerosol) in checked luggage. I thought I had read that you can't bring aerosols spray bottles, or flammable items.
I've never had a problem with it, but I usually have the type that uses its own spray pump vs. a propellant (which seems harder and harder to find). I have made do with the aerosol stuff in a pinch and have not yet had it confiscated the times I've packed it.
It actually isn't permitted. And if you go to the web sites that sell them, you'll find that they won't ship them by air. The concern is that it'll leak (or worse) at altitude, so I wouldn't recommend bringing it: the danger is mostly to the stuff in your own luggage.
I've been carrying a Target up & up Sport Sunscreen Continuous Spray in my checked bag all year. So far so good. I keep it in a sealed plastic bag just in case.
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ersAndCrew.pdf
Going to Florida next week, can I pack sunscreen aerosol >3oz in the carry-on?
no, it's a liquid
Quote: Going to Florida next week, can I pack sunscreen aerosol >3oz in the carry-on?
subject to the same requirements/limitations as other liquids
I have carried a < 3 oz Aerosol Sunscreen in my carry on zip lock for 3 years +.
Carry the zip lock in my briefcase bag, and it gets pulled out on the belt every time.

Never had a problem.
Not once.

HP
I've packed aerosol stuff in my checked luggage for many years. No problems. I put them in a plastic bag, in case of spillage.
Quote: Going to Florida next week, can I pack sunscreen aerosol >3oz in the carry-on?
Srsly? Why not just stop pat Wal-Mart or some other discount store while in Fla and get some. For the cost of a 3oz travel size I'd bet you can get a gallon aerosol can.
Quote: subject to the same requirements/limitations as other liquids
But is sunscreen regulated by the FDA, hence a medication/drug?

So, if you delcare it, shouldn't you be allowed to carry it on if it is more then 3.4 oz?
interesting question
Quote: But is sunscreen regulated by the FDA, hence a medication/drug?

So, if you delcare it, shouldn't you be allowed to carry it on if it is more then 3.4 oz?

the FDA regulates MORE than just drugs, they also regulate cosmetics etc. However in digging a little deeper I found that it IS considered an OTC drug by the FDA. Now is it worth the hassle to explain, prove etc at the security line? YMMV>
Quote: the FDA regulates MORE than just drugs, they also regulate cosmetics etc. However in digging a little deeper I found that it IS considered an OTC drug by the FDA. Now is it worth the hassle to explain, prove etc at the security line? YMMV>
Hmmm... I would assume a curt, "I've had skin cancer, I have to wear it" would work. But that does raise an interesting question whether makeup/moisturizer with SPF 15 could be allowed in bottles > 3 oz. @:-)
Quote: Srsly? Why not just stop pat Wal-Mart or some other discount store while in Fla and get some. For the cost of a 3oz travel size I'd bet you can get a gallon aerosol can.
Just remember Wal-Mart may exist in Florida, but does not exist worldwide. And the Wal-Mart that does exist here where I live does not have aerosol sunscreen, only the laborious spread-on cream type.

Quote: Hmmm... I would assume a curt, "I've had skin cancer, I have to wear it" would work. But that does raise an interesting question whether makeup/moisturizer with SPF 15 could be allowed in bottles > 3 oz. @:-)
They should. Also, water is medically necessary for all humans.