New EZ-pass???

Subscribe
I see there's a new EZ pass in operation for public transport in Singapore.

I still have an 'old' one, but that hasn't been used since Dec 2008 so I assume it'll be null and void.

As I have an 8 day stay, I assume the only option I have is to pony up the $5 for a new one? (The 'tourist' one at $8/day both seems steep and is only valid for 5 days...)

As an aside, can someone tell me what the qualifier is for children to start having to pay in Singapore? I seem to recall it's when they're over a certain height, rather than an age - is that correct?

Thanks

ST
Quote: I see there's a new EZ pass in operation for public transport in Singapore.

I still have an 'old' one, but that hasn't been used since Dec 2008 so I assume it'll be null and void.
It will be disabled, but you can still get a refund of value and deposit at any Transitlink Ticket Office till 24 Dec 2011.

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/
When did the new pass come into effect?
Quote: <snip>

As an aside, can someone tell me what the qualifier is for children to start having to pay in Singapore? I seem to recall it's when they're over a certain height, rather than an age - is that correct?

ST
I need to look up the exact measurement but it is height based. You asked in a separate post about taking bus 36. You will find two height markers on a pillar directly behind the bus captain (driver) for this purpose.
Quote: When did the new pass come into effect?
Sometime last year, if memory serves.
Quote: As an aside, can someone tell me what the qualifier is for children to start having to pay in Singapore? I seem to recall it's when they're over a certain height, rather than an age - is that correct?
Yes, height determines if fares apply. I had to look this up recently - it's on the SMRT or SBS website. IIRC, < 0.9m = free; 0.9m ~ 1.2m = child fare.
thanks all - most helpful.