Taxi from Jerusalem to Ben Gurion Airport...any suggestions?

Subscribe
Does anyone have any experience with Daka99 Taxi Service (Hebrew only)?

The site claims that a taxi of up to 4 pax from Jerusalem to Natbag is NIS 149, yet when I called, saying 1 person with 3 suitcases, the guy told me 180 shek.

The other question, forgetting them for a minute, anyone know of taxi companies servicing Jerusalem that will take me to Natbag for 150 or less? I'm leaving Jerusalem at 7 in the morning and in no mood to begin fighting with Nesher when I have more than a backpack, or have him pick me up and then proceed to drive all around Jerusalem before finally hitting traffic on Highway 1!

Thanks!

Josh
Spoke to them again and he said the site is out of date. It seems that 1 person, 1 bag, from the entrance to the city, is 150 shek. Farther into the city, more people, more bags... will increase the price. He did agree to do it for 170 shek.

Anyone know of anyone willing to take 1 person, but 3 bags, from Katamon, for under that?
Quote: Does anyone have any experience with Daka99 Taxi Service (Hebrew only)?

The site claims that a taxi of up to 4 pax from Jerusalem to Natbag is NIS 149, yet when I called, saying 1 person with 3 suitcases, the guy told me 180 shek.

The other question, forgetting them for a minute, anyone know of taxi companies servicing Jerusalem that will take me to Natbag for 150 or less? I'm leaving Jerusalem at 7 in the morning and in no mood to begin fighting with Nesher when I have more than a backpack, or have him pick me up and then proceed to drive all around Jerusalem before finally hitting traffic on Highway 1!

Thanks!

Josh
NATBAG??????? I know what you mean but possibly other people looking at this board are scratching their heads in wonder.

The correct name as I am sure you are aware is Ben Gurion Airport or TLV.
Natbag is the English version of its Hebrew acronym and has no place in civilized conversation. Even though it did appear for a while on road signs when Terminal 3 opened, it was laughed down and removed.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/606)

Quote:
Quote: Does anyone have any experience with Daka99 Taxi Service (Hebrew only)?

Thanks!

Josh
NATBAG??????? I know what you mean but possibly other people looking at this board are scratching their heads in wonder.

Natbag is the English version of its Hebrew acronym and has no place in civilized conversation. Even though it did appear for a while on road signs when Terminal 3 opened, it was laughed down and removed.
Yes I am aware of its real name, which is why the title of the thread is "Taxi from Jerusalem to BEN GURION AIRPORT..."! And it does still appear on road signs. By now, many of the people who are "pros" when it comes to advice about Israel on this board are pretty familiar with "Natbbag," and for those who have advice but were scared off, Natbag is TLV as pointed out by badatz

Thanks again!!
[QUOTE=joshwex90;16483673]Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/606)

And it does still appear on road signs. QUOTE]

Just for information purposes.... Have you recently seen any NATBAG signs in English? I know that Ma'atz, the Department of Public Works was told to take them down a few years ago.
Quote: NATBAG??????? I know what you mean but possibly other people looking at this board are scratching their heads in wonder.

I for 1 had no idea what Natbag was and thought it was some town near TLV LoL, and thats with having lived in Israel for 14 yrs and getting over there 3-4 times a yr every yr to boot

The 179 is a great price, last yr I reserved Nesher fora Motzei Yom Tov p/u and yep they never showed up and claimed I never made a res, most drivers wanted 300 and wouldnt go down a grush . Finally a cabbie took me for the 200 I had. I usually have a rental so theres no problem
Quote: I for 1 had no idea what Natbag was and thought it was some town near TLV LoL, and thats with having lived in Israel for 14 yrs and getting over there 3-4 times a yr every yr to boot

The 179 is a great price, last yr I reserved Nesher fora Motzei Yom Tov p/u and yep they never showed up and claimed I never made a res, most drivers wanted 300 and wouldnt go down a grush . Finally a cabbie took me for the 200 I had. I usually have a rental so theres no problem
So I guess I was wrong! Natbag is the acronym for Namal Teufa Ben Gurion (Ben Gurion Airport).

I took Smadar (will take them I should say). 200 shek, including 3 suitcases! And a very reliable driver who I know already.
I too, usually never need a taxi to the airport, but alas, life aint perfect.