Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

No more free snacks/drinks for Platinum / PLT on American Eagle (as of 6/1/11) ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more free snacks/drinks for Platinum / PLT on American Eagle (as of 6/1/11) ???

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat

An FA on AE told me last night that they just received a memo stating that as part of an alignment with the benefits on mainline AA, AE was no longer offering a free snack/drink to Platinums. That benefit would still apply to EXPs, however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For the original thread on the free snack/drink for both EXP and PLT on American Eagle, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-pillows.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jun 22, 2011 at 3:08 pm Reason: added mod note
Old May 28, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
But the whole reason they started this is because Eagle is not 'aligned' with mainline.

More motivation to hit EXP this year, I guess.
Old May 28, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
No great loss really, as I received the benefit on only about 3 out of 30 Eagle flights personally.
Old May 28, 2011, 7:55 am

One can try to find the AE flights with upgrade seats. Seems like everyone in those seats get the drinks and snacks.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by nickflies
But the whole reason they started this is because Eagle is not 'aligned' with mainline.

More motivation to hit EXP this year, I guess.
AA would love to hear that if one would like to hit EXP as a motivation to get snacks and drinks.

Huge loss for me right now, but not so much after the end of June. However, I think they should have kept doing it to encourage people to fly AE.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Slightly disappointing - no more free almonds for me. Thanks for posting, it is nice to know ahead of time.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I hope this leads to the publishing of this benefit on both AA and MQ... We'd be more likely to get the benefit on AA if it were actually published rather than spread by rumour and confirmed only by snippets from AA's FA manual.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP .72MM
confirmed

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Slightly disappointing - no more free almonds for me. Thanks for posting, it is nice to know ahead of time.
I am on an American Eagle flight and as of July 1st no more free alcohol or snacks for anyone except EXP or first class....American Airlines is getting worse.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: EXP (AA), Diamond (HH), National Executive Elite
Disappointing. As a PLAT (but soon to be EXP, as of next trip) I really liked this perk. Removing it, dilutes the PLAT brand (for lack of a better term) IMHO. I guess the costs were getting to be too much?
Old May 28, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Even though I'm an EXP, this is a bit disappointing. The point of the AA benefit was for those EXPs whose complimentary upgrades didn't clear. I believe the AE benefit was more the fact that there wasn't a first class cabin at the time on Eagle - which is still true for about 90% of the AE fleet. Also, I would say the upgrade rate for all EXPs on a CRJ700 is near 100%, so there isn't a large number of EXPs sitting in the back of the CRJ700s like on some mainline flights.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by rgarret1
Disappointing. As a PLAT (but soon to be EXP, as of next trip) I really liked this perk. Removing it, dilutes the PLAT brand (for lack of a better term) IMHO. I guess the costs were getting to be too much?
Actually it removes any incentive I had to actually prefer an Eagle flight or route. Especially since it's already been given out, retracting this will not generate goodwill among the PLT's.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:50 am

Could someone post confirmation from AA / AE concerning this change?

soccer

Last edited by soccerpapi; Jun 17, 2011 at 10:48 am
Old May 28, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Why should PLTs/GLDs fly AA metal anyway? Pay for upgrades, no benefits in Y, etc. They're almost asking for them to leave.
Old May 28, 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mreed911
Actually it removes any incentive I had to actually prefer an Eagle flight or route. Especially since it's already been given out, retracting this will not generate goodwill among the PLT's.
This would hurt the sales of especially LAX-IAH new baby route. Who would like to take AE for almost three hours when one can choose a better one in CO?
Old May 28, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
I will miss this benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.