Intl flight missing middle name on e-ticket: PROBLEM?

Subscribe
Hello!

A friend of mine is traveling on DL from US to Beijing and return out of Shanghai to the US.

His complete passport name is Jared David Johnson Michaelson. On his e-ticket tho, it's only Jaredd Michaelson. Is this gonna be a problem flying out of China? Anyone here with first hand experience?
Absolutely not a problem.
No problem.
Shouldn't be an issue.

The fact that he has two middle names is a topic of discussion, but probably on another website that appreciates off-topic haterade more than this site.
Quote: Hello!

A friend of mine is traveling on DL from US to Beijing and return out of Shanghai to the US.

His complete passport name is Jared David Johnson Michaelson. On his e-ticket tho, it's only Jaredd Michaelson. Is this gonna be a problem flying out of China? Anyone here with first hand experience?
People travel like this thousands of times daily without a problem. Having done so on flights from China myself in the above way too, I don't anticipate there being any problem whatsoever. The APIS type of data as represented in the passport can be transmitted anyway without issue. The security screeners in the US and China won't ordinarily care eithers. Immigration in China won't ordinarily care either. The US DHS/CBP shouldn't care either. An airline rep in the US is more likely to make an issue about names, but even then that is anything but a given and this kind of situation is so routine it shouldn't be a problem on this front either.

Your friend shouldn't worry, as this is a perfectly acceptable situation. The only problems that may happen in such situations with greater frequency is if the names as listed on the ticket is that of someone who is blacklisted -- yet most people won't deal with that issue in these kind of circumstances either.
My last name is hyphenated but delta does not accept it, nor does it ever show my middle name, never have I had a problem with either of these.
Not sure it was totally necessary to post his full name online, but I doubt it will be an issue.
My Company books all of our international travel through an agent and routinely books me as Jeff Patriots my passport says Jeffrey MiddleName Patriots and I've never had a problem or a 2nd look
Ahh I see, very good to know! Thanks all!

DLNYC: his name is not exactly the same as I posted but otherwise it is the same situation.